Red Montana

Let me re-phrase:
Wilderness doesn't do hunters like me much good without a gun. Hiking is ok but it doesn't fill the freezer. I have a lot of use for it WITH a gun.
Please give me an example of when someone tried to take away your 2A rights. We have had 16yrs of D presidents of the last 30. You should be able to find me one given the fear you seem to possess on the subject.

Please give me an example of when someone tried to take away your 2A rights. We have had 16yrs of D presidents of the last 30. You should be able to find me one given the fear you seem to possess on the subject.
If the Democrats had the Senate and the presidency, they've already said they'd like to end the filibuster (which gives them all kinds of power). Also, read Biden's gun plan on his website. Ever heard of the NRA? They've been fighting for our gun rights for years. Just because they haven't taken them doesn't mean it will never happen. Read some history buddy. I'm not saying it will happen and I hope it never does in America. But people don't seem to appreciate just how rare our situation in America is, and how much a lot of people would like us to look a whole lot more like every other country that can't enjoy what we can. Historically democracies only last about 200 years. So don't try to tell me what the Democrats will or won't do to me. I think if they could they would, and the only reason they can't is because there isn't unlimited power for either side. That's why the founders of our country set it up that way. But I see more power hungry politicians looking to change that. Rights are never gone until they're gone.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Relax, this is just my opinion 😂

Last edited:
I’d say you are wrong. Montana has had no problem voting for D’s before. Greg isn’t popular in this state, but Montana isn’t going to stand for the acts that have been going on around the country and potentially allow that in MT. I have a fair number of friends that didn’t vote in the last election but were adamant about voting R in this one. Call it a Boogieman if you want, but the “progressive movement” on the D side isn’t well liked in this state, outside of a few towns.
Unfortunately, Greg is obviously more popular with Montanan’s who do not cherish or value access to public lands or wild place's. Than again it’s all about the mighty $😟

Harris said she would ban guns by executive order when she becomes president.
Biden said Beto would be the gun czar.

I’m not surprised Montana went red. Bullock has had a terrible 2nd term and gianforte has campaigned for and spent for his seat for what feels like my entire adult life.

Unfortunately, Greg is obviously more popular with Montanan’s who do not cherish or value access to public lands or wild place's. Than again it’s all about the mighty $😟
Most people aren’t single issue voters. Many of the people I spoke with didn’t like Greg, but Cooney was portrayed as a soft career politician that would get run over.

Montana has a lot of small business owners and ranchers that live here. The economy has a substantial impact on how they make a living. Many people want the economy to hum right along and feel that Greg was the better option for that.

... and "school choice", aka siphoning tax dollars from Montana public education to private ideologically based schools. Pay attention to 2021 educational legislative proposals.
Yep.^
No biggie though...most folks don't prioritize education in this state,wait ...I take that back...folks prioritize school sports.

I don’t see anything happening to the 2a with our current Supreme Court makeup.
If they end the filibuster they want to pack the courts by adding more spots. Again, hope it never happens. This is nothing but desperation in my book, but the question is why? Because they want control

Yep.^
No biggie though...most folks don't prioritize education in this state,wait ...I take that back...folks prioritize school sports.
One thing that was apparent when I moved to MT was the fact the schools were way behind the states I moved from.
I am all for school choice given the sad state of MT's education system.

That applies to the NRA as well. Keep sending your dues. They need it for their legal defense and LaPierre’s lifestyle.
It applies to everything, but I'm less concerned about the finer details of the NRA than I am about my country and government. I'm not concerned about the NRA gaining absolute power. Come on, man.

Last edited:
Maybe they did, but I don't recall previous governor-elects doing this. Greg Gianforte is allowing folks to apply for various positions in State Government that are appointed by the executive office. Many have significant sway over how things are perceived and/or will be implemented. I think mining Montana's intellectual capital for folks with skill and talent is a great idea for those positions. I don’t know how serious the applications will be taken, but I can imagine certain folks on here being good candidates for some of the positions.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back