Red Diesel

I have trouble with the high volume nozzles but will be experimenting with the red diesel soon. I shouldn’t get dipped unless an officer is in the parking lot
 
I'm not exactly sure what states are allowing red diesel, partially untaxed, to be used on road. I have used red fuel for years and years in our equipment. It used to be necessary to have it delivered but a few years ago it became available at the pump at my fuel jobber. The issue that you may find is that it has a very high volume nozzle. If you were to try and use it in a road vehicle it would be a train wreck. The high volume nozzles and pumps fill a 100 gallon tank in a matter of a minutes. I seriously doubt that a passenger vehicle or pickup could handle that kind of volume.
Just think what would happen if you tried to fill a 5 gallon can?

But some how I see people do it all the time. Kerosene is cheaper than untaxed diesel here.
 
Just think what would happen if you tried to fill a 5 gallon can?

But some how I see people do it all the time. Kerosene is cheaper than untaxed diesel here.
I think the issue is the auto cutoff** in the fill spout on small vehicles.

(Splash guard, screen?)**
 
The dye coats the tank lining, colors the fuel filter, and every last drop left in the tank contaminates the fresh fuel. I believe there is even an additive that shows up with a blue light or something like that. It's only being allowed for farm use so only semis or pickups used for farming are allowed to use the red fuel.
 
Back
Top