Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
kicking the can down the road.Is a temporary furlough on taxes for diesel actually going to help or is it just a feel good move before the midterm elections? I filled my barrel in August, already tax free, and it was 5.17 a gallon. The previous fill was in the 3.50 range.
23 gallons?Just think how much red dye diesel you can buy with your $5k after the midterms.
The only thing BOTH parties are better at is blaming the other side.kicking the can down the road.
Just think what would happen if you tried to fill a 5 gallon can?I'm not exactly sure what states are allowing red diesel, partially untaxed, to be used on road. I have used red fuel for years and years in our equipment. It used to be necessary to have it delivered but a few years ago it became available at the pump at my fuel jobber. The issue that you may find is that it has a very high volume nozzle. If you were to try and use it in a road vehicle it would be a train wreck. The high volume nozzles and pumps fill a 100 gallon tank in a matter of a minutes. I seriously doubt that a passenger vehicle or pickup could handle that kind of volume.
I think the issue is the auto cutoff** in the fill spout on small vehicles.Just think what would happen if you tried to fill a 5 gallon can?
But some how I see people do it all the time. Kerosene is cheaper than untaxed diesel here.
I don't think the fill necks on my '96 F-250 would take the flow. It's a fight with the regular nozzle on the rear tank. I can't imagine trying to feed it at 10-15 gpm.I think the issue is the auto cutoff** in the fill spout on small vehicles.
(Splash guard, screen?)**
I don't think the fill necks on my '96 F-250 would take the flow. It's a fight with the regular nozzle on the rear tank. I can't imagine trying to feed it at 10-15 gpm.
Hah. You probably haven't fueled at a fuel jobber. It's nothing like going to the mom and pop gas station. Their nozzles are either on or off. They get really pissy if you spill anything on the ground.One click on the nozzle. Fills fine
#1 diesel is what run they run in the summer. #2 diesel is what they run in the winter cold climates. #2 is usually a bit more but I don’t think that’s because of taxes.. There also used to be #1 diesel at the pump.
A clean tank of undyed washes the red dye sins away.It'll be alright trust me.![]()
I’ve done it. It wasn’t fun.I think the issue is the auto cutoff** in the fill spout on small vehicles.
(Splash guard, screen?)**
No it doesn'tA clean tank of undyed washes the red dye sins away.
No it doesn't
The dye coats the tank lining, colors the fuel filter, and every last drop left in the tank contaminates the fresh fuel. I believe there is even an additive that shows up with a blue light or something like that. It's only being allowed for farm use so only semis or pickups used for farming are allowed to use the red fuel.- okay