Recommended Stops along I-90 through Montana

smithja79

My dad and I are getting ready to leave next week for our Wyoming antelope trip. We'll be coming from Washington, heading along I-90 through Montana and into Wyoming. Just checking if there's any recommended places to grab a bite along this route in Montana. We're trying to make a fun road trip out of it and if anyone knows of any can't-miss spots, I'd be happy to hear about them. Thanks for any info.

Not food related, but, on our summer trip we stopped at the Little Bighorn Battlefield but due to it being late in the day, weren't able to spend much time there. I don't really have words to express the feeling it left in me. I am planning on making a 4 hour detour out of my way to go back by there on my trip back from Canada in November, weather permitting to spend some more time there.

Either Land of Magic in Logan, MT or the Oasis in Manhattan, MT used to have great steaks. If you like some atmosphere, stop at the Sac Bar ( basement of the Sacajawea Inn) in Three Forks. Great food!

Oh, and if you want to pick up breakfast sweets, stop at Wheat Montana in Three Forks and grab some caramel rolls. Mmmmm.

Last edited:
Stop in Missoula and poke around the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation which sits just north of the Interstate as you come into Missoula right at Reserve Street. Then swing down to the Boone & Crockett Club headquarters which sits off of the Higgins Street bridge (downtown area) and is on the registry of historic sites. It is an old railroad station. Both places have some wonderful animal mounts and are great groups for sportsmen.

Then have lunch at Biga Pizza which is also in the downtown area!!

https://www.missouladowntown.com/members/biga-pizza/

Last edited:
Parker's Restaurant in Drummond, MT about 45 miles east of Missoula. They have something like 150 different burger's on their menu. Very neat small town diner.

I have to agree with the RMEF and Biga Pizza suggestions. Bob taught me that fruit on a pizza is a good thing :/

Definitely try the prosciutto and fig if it even sounds remotely palatable.

River's Edge in Alberton.

Someone already said Parkers and the Tasty Freeze next door in Drummond. Both great choices. Also Rock Cr. lodge, not the best food, but you can see the site of the Testy Fest, and try some 'oysters' if thats your thing.

The Freeway in Butte, Montana Street exit. Get the 'wop chop' (pork chop sandwhich.)
Seafood dessert at Teasers in Threeforks.

Stop in Missoula and poke around the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation which sits just north of the Interstate as you come into Missoula right at Reserve Street. Then swing down to the Boone & Crockett Club headquarters which sits off of the Higgins Street bridge (downtown area) and is on the registry of historic sites. It is an old railroad station. Both places have some wonderful animal mounts and are great groups for sportsmen.

Then have lunch at Biga Pizza which is also in the downtown area!!

https://www.missouladowntown.com/members/biga-pizza/

Left at Reserve.

this is a little out of the way but i'll throw it out there anyway... maybe someone else will like the info even if it's too much of a side trek for you..

Doe Brothers in Philipsburg has one of the best burgers in town then if you continue on towards anaconda there is a spring with the best tasting water in the world, it's a few miles past George town lake behind the historical marker. would be easy to fill up a 5 or 10 gallon water jug and have some awesome water for your whole trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back