Recommendations for short-barreled rifle (16-18") with threaded muzzle?

Love my Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creed with 20” barrel. Bought it when I was doing a lot of hunting out of shooting houses in the Deep South and needed something a little more maneuverable. Sub-MOA accuracy out of the box, threaded barrel, lots of aftermarket accessories if you want to customize.

Several companies make 16-18” 308s . The Q fix is really nice, lightweight and compact . Bergara makes a ridge sp that’s pretty nice for a more budget option .

Not sure if you can shoot a compact, but Ruger American Compact with the Go Wild Camo fits the mold.

Ruger Gunsite Scout is a great option. I love mine--an 18" stainless model that I put in the synthetic stock to shave off almost a pound. It's very accurate, handy, and w/ an optic it's only 8.4lbs. Not a 6lb mountain gun that's the trend du jour, but handy and light, while still being heavy/steady enough to shoot well (for me)

Not sure if you can shoot a compact, but Ruger American Compact with the Go Wild Camo fits the mold.
I purchased a Mossberg Patriot super bantam in 6.5cm for the 5' nothing wife.
Tossed a red dot on too since she is cross eye dominant.
That handy little booger is now the first rifle I grab when I hop on the quad or SxS to check trail cameras, fix fence, or fill feeders.

Looking to pick up a new hunting rifle. I typically hunt suppressed, so looking for something with a shorter barrel (16-18") that's threaded. I'm not finding much that's <20" and the options that I do find typically don't have a threaded muzzle. I'm doing mostly whitetails in the east, with a once-a-year trip out west for elk or pronghorn. Not too picky on the caliber, but I'm not reloading so something like .308, .270, 7mm-08 would be optimal. Obviously you give up a little muzzle velocity with a shorter barrel but I'll gladly do that for a shorter stick that's not catching on every branch I duck under. Anyone know of anything that fits the bill?
Stick to short actions (7mm08, .260Rem, 6.5 CM, .308) with a short barrel suppressor. Long actions and magnums will just blow a bunch of unburned powder into your suppressor. LA and Mags need longer barrels to effectively burn the extra powder.

Stick to short actions (7mm08, .260Rem, 6.5 CM, .308) with a short barrel suppressor. Long actions and magnums will just blow a bunch of unburned powder into your suppressor. LA and Mags need longer barrels to effectively burn the extra powder.
They beat the hell out of the blast baffle too.

Bergara b-14 ridge special purpose. 18” barrel, threaded, .308. And a shooter!

That plate was the 200 yard sight in process. Last two are overlapping.
im looking at picking one up in 223 and 308 eventually. hows it been since your last post?

im looking at picking one up in 223 and 308 eventually. hows it been since your last post?
All sighted in and a tac driver. Love the overall length with the can and haven’t had to put a second round in a critter yet this fall. Only complaint would be that it’s a bit heavy but I like a heavier gun when shooting.

do you know what it weighs sans stock? and how u have it setup? i wanna drop one into a mesa precision stock as i need a higher comb

I just put together two 8.6 blackout rifles.

I just went to the range this past Sunday, and have some cycling issues, both are being over gassed, causing jams between bcg/mag/chamber. So I decided to take a step back and think about it and go home.;)My range day was not great on Sunday, I had to wait for about 30 minutes for these cuties to meander over to the side. Of course my target blew over by then...

These are my 8.6 guns, one 16" rifle and one 12" pistol. My plan has been to use bipods at the range, but a tripod with a v-rest when I hunt.pig-guns-86-blackout.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back