Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Recommend kids cartoons

Just yesterday my four-year-old granddaughter and a three-year-old boy who is a friend of the family were watching Wild Krats. The little boy had never seen it before and was really enjoying it but couldn't for the life of him figure out how those guys could turn into animals. So, my granddaughter was using all of her four-year-old wisdom and logic to explain it to him. That was a fun conversation to listen in on. He was the most excited when he found out they could even turn into butterflies.

My kids watch stupid shit, to the point that we banned YouTube at our house. The amount of useless things on the internet is astronomical, but 75% is found on YouTube. Many smart TVs have YouTube built in and you can't delete it (have to block it on the router). I loath YouTube and especially kids YouTube that will play endlessly until you turn it off. Don't get me started on the endless loops of Russian kids playing with toys. Why they watch other kids play with toys when they have their own to play with? That is the power of screens...

My kids watch transformers, Ninjago, Masha and the bear, teen titans, Shaun the sheep, and what ever is on PBS as long as its not that whiney bitch Ciallou (hes hands down the most annoying character on planet think Barny, Fran Dresher, and Napoleon Dinomite had a baby, yes its possible).

That said on a screen fast since the first. Their attitudes are night and day different. I'm convinced that screens are warping our kids minds.

For my girls, Wild Kratts has been good.

Nature Cat and Cat In The Hat were good for a while too, some educational content.
Used to just turn them loose with the PBS Kids app and knew they were all good shows, but they're starting to age out of those a bit.

They do these Go Noodle things too, which gets them up and moving at least...

My kids watch stupid shit, to the point that we banned YouTube at our house. The amount of useless things on the internet is astronomical, but 75% is found on YouTube. Many smart TVs have YouTube built in and you can't delete it (have to block it on the router). I loath YouTube and especially kids YouTube that will play endlessly until you turn it off. Don't get me started on the endless loops of Russian kids playing with toys. Why they watch other kids play with toys when they have their own to play with? That is the power of screens...

My kids watch transformers, Ninjago, Masha and the bear, teen titans, Shaun the sheep, and what ever is on PBS as long as its not that whiney bitch Ciallou (hes hands down the most annoying character on planet think Barny, Fran Dresher, and Napoleon Dinomite had a baby, yes its possible).

That said on a screen fast since the first. Their attitudes are night and day different. I'm convinced that screens are warping our kids minds.
My son watches these kids play with John Deere tractors, which my wife happens to be the designer of. He has every one of if not 3 of the toys they play with in their videos. She reached out to the video makers thinking they could work together. They wanted like 20k and all the toys for a 10 minute YouTube video.

We watch Bluey a lot. The Toy Story movies, Moana and The Jungle Book are her favorite movies.

We also enjoy the classic like Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Muppets.

She also likes Mrs. Rachael on YouTube in addition to hunting and camping shows.

She also doesn’t like many of the shows other kids love. She loves Baby Shark songs and books but not the show.

I agree, Caillou is THE WORST! Like, terrible examples, no redeeming qualities. We’d be better showing the kids Aqua Teen Hungerforce.

We watch Bluey a lot. The Toy Story movies, Moana and The Jungle Book are her favorite movies.

We also enjoy the classic like Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Muppets.

She also likes Mrs. Rachael on YouTube in addition to hunting and camping shows.

She also doesn’t like many of the shows other kids love. She loves Baby Shark songs and books but not the show.
Ms. Rachael is a goddamn genius. Nothing original, low overhead because the set is her living room. Makes millions on advertising.

My kids watch “Outdoor Boys” on YouTube.

I make it a point when my son (3) go to Wally World to say really loud as we walk through the store, come on son, Let’s go get some whiskey and cigars. Most people just laugh.

Outdoor Boys gets lots of views from our household, too. I don’t even know how he discovered it, or how Al Gore knew he would like it, but it was a pleasant surprise

Paw patrol, kratts, morphile, Daniel tiger (cartoon mr rodgers), bluey

cocomelon (weird show but kids love it) but does teach kids to get out of bed and hid that they are eating candy..

Booba- no talking which is nice
Shawn the sheep - no talking

Not a fan of of all, but they entertain the kids.

Bluey is a 10 out of 10. The kids love it and I will watch it without the kids sometimes. The best game ever that we stole from Bluey is “keepy uppy” where the kids go crazy trying to keep a balloon from hitting the ground and have to keep hitting it up in the air - it’s good for a 15 minute break for me anytime I bust out the balloon and yell “keepy uppy!!!”

We fell into a screen time trap with my 4 y/o for a while, but now he gets cartoons in the morning while he has his cereal and mom gets ready, then 30 minutes before bed.

We’ve tried Bluey, which I thought was hysterical, but I don’t think he understood the accent. Otherwise it’s his choice off the PBS Kids app on the TV.

Whatever you do, do not let them get into Blippi. He’s the devil.

Outdoor Boys gets lots of views from our household, too. I don’t even know how he discovered it, or how Al Gore knew he would like it, but it was a pleasant surprise
It is very creepy what shows up in some of the suggested videos. I made my wife throw Alexa away because it seemed like a lot of stuff we’d talk about, not even look at on our phones or tv would appear in suggested searches.

I’ve seen Outdoor Boys and the first time was a suggested video, not long looking for that. Wish we could armchair criticize, but nope, comments turned off!

Forgot to add: Shaun the Sheep. I for sure like it more than my kid. It’s claymation and an improvement spin-off from Wallace and Grommet. The show doesn’t worry about feelings; instead liberally insults anyone looking for an insult. Premise is Shaun and the LGD Blinzer carry the farm operations because the farmer is a moron. They have lots of terrifying dances with death every episode having great fun.
Great show!

Back