reasonable Ak goat guide

mixedbag

I've taken all the big game I can without a guide in Ak.I still want to keep hunting there so I've been looking at a goat hunt.Anyone know of a affordable mt goat guide in Ak.I know this is mainly a diy site,but some things aren't available for that.I sure wish I could hunt the on my own,and sheep too.Best I can find is around 8k,and that's out of my reach for a hunt

Ive been looking for years and 8k seems to be the average starting point with hunts going up from there. Id love to hunt goats there but that is far above what i can do for a hunt.

That's about the going rate. I have found some outfitters on Kodiak that will throw in deer at no charge. That's probably the direction I'll be going.

8k is fairly reasonable fora guided hunt. My brother lives in Alaska so I get around the guide, but I had between 3 and 4 k in my kodiak hunt. As I am sure you know the logistics are spendy between travel to and from alaska, charter planes, motels while waiting to fly, etc.

Gellar, I'd still have to pay all that on top of the guide fees,except maybe the charter flight.So a guided hunt at 8k is more like 10k for everything and way over budget for me.I do get my flights free from my AA credit card but hotels on each side of hunt,food,license would be extra.Hoping some Alaska guys might now someone who doesn't have a website or just starting out and would have good deals
How doable are goat hunts in Idaho without a guide??

yeah, kind of figured it was super tough to draw.Id and Wy offer the only chance with no points built up.Guess I'll start saving some money for Ak or hope my son goes in the coast guard and gets stationed there

yeah, kind of figured it was super tough to draw.Id and Wy offer the only chance with no points built up.Guess I'll start saving some money for Ak or hope my son goes in the coast guard and gets stationed there
ID has some units that aren't horrible odds for goats in relative terms. It might be worth the $151 license fee to apply.

ID has some units that aren't horrible odds for goats in relative terms. It might be worth the $151 license fee to apply.

Theres is always a reason for better draw odds. I know some of the better draws odds in ID require herculean efforts to get to goat country.

Theres is always a reason for better draw odds. I know some of the better draws odds in ID require herculean efforts to get to goat country.
Yep! Helped a pard on one of these hunts, though it wasn't near as bad to get to as some.

Price was cheaper when I went. I had a good hunt, but weather can be an issue at times. Hiked in the first day and killed my goat the second day. Brian was my guide at the time. Flier miles got me to Kodiak cheap. Still have to get a plane to the outfitter, but it wasn't much in the grand scheme. Killed ducks after the goat hunt.

http://www.ugakbay.com/

BTW, I still had to draw. Not sure if that has changed since I went.

Check out Dennis Zadra in Cordova, AK. Not sure what the cost is but I know him personally; he is 100% ethical & will give you a quality hunting experience. Before I was an AK resident I did this hunt with him and it was fantastic, I took a really nice billy & black bear. +The Chugach range is beautiful.
http://www.idohuntak.com/

If you ever work out the resident status let me know I can give you some tips on DIY AK goat hunts.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back