Really, Wyoming?

Glad it wasn't a black woof
This is a beyond stupid comment and it's a shame only Buzz pointed it out.

As far as name calling, look no further then past posts where many on here cuss freely at Buzz with no apparent consequence. Over what? Over license allocations and higher fees.

It remains to be seen the future consequences of this Roberts debacle, but shooting(not running them over) predators from a snowmachine is no different than aerial gunning.

I think the State should bare some measure of culpability in this. The listing of wolves as vermin and allowing them to be run down snow mobiles sets the tone. Are we really surprised when an a low class idiot follows suit?

The racial innuendos are out of line. There is no place for it. Furthermore comparing it to say Buzz and I calling each other assholes is pretty disgusting analogy. And I will guarantee he would agree with me on that.

Not sure that’s the solution either. It was a wolf today. If that goes away because of its classification, the coyote or whatever predator/varmit is next. Sadly, this probably only got the attention because it was a wolf.
It will be one or the other. Either way steeper fines for possession of live wildlife or reclassify. Dumb to have dual classification, imo.

Just keeps getting worse.

A few things:

1. I would love to meet that dude in a dark alley somewhere and wipe that smile off his face; #*^@#* that lowlife.

2. I don’t dislike wolves the way some do, but I also have no issue with fair chase hunting of wolves. This was nothing of the sort and I hope things change in WY.

3. This picture is going to be used in sooooo many places as an anti hunting fundraising tool. Doesn’t matter how isolated this instance is, it’s going to come back to us in a bad way. I’m still in disbelief someone would $*)Q!#@$ do this in the first place… but to take pictures of it? SMH

It will be one or the other. Either way steeper fines for possession of live wildlife or reclassify. Dumb to have dual classification, imo.
Steeper fines and broaden animal cruelty to wildlife and domesticated animals has my vote. Arm G&F with enough teeth to bite down on stupid shit like this.

@Hilljackoutlaw I’m curious what you meant by the black wolf comment. If it was not meant to be a somewhat under-the-radar racist jab at America’s recent awareness of racist violence against black people, then what? I genuinely hope it was something else, and I and others have misunderstood.

Complete and utter domineering thought and actions are gross and the enemy of freedom—whether it be against wolves or other humans.

How about we start running the sexual predators down with motorized vehicles. Then we'll worry about coyotes.
They still get a jury trial in that scenario, or are we just going to let every self effectuating vigilante exercise justice?

Sadly, this probably only got the attention because it was a wolf.
Maybe. But I curious what the reaction on HT would be if it was a bull elk run down with a snowmobile in deep snow and "dispatched" versus a wolf. This isn't really a discussion of what is legal, but rather what is moral. Quite a few hunters break the rules all the time and others look the other way, or at least there is little attempt at enforcement. I'm sure everyone has their examples of such.

They still get a jury trial in that scenario, or are we just going to let every self effectuating vigilante exercise justice?

Maybe. But I curious what the reaction on HT would be if it was a bull elk run down with a snowmobile in deep snow and "dispatched" versus a wolf. This isn't really a discussion of what is legal, but rather what is moral. Quite a few hunters break the rules all the time and others look the other way, or at least there is little attempt at enforcement. I'm sure everyone has their examples of such.
Let's keep it the same, a bull elk run over a couple times, kept alive and paraded around a bar for photos then drug out back and shot.

I said sexual predators, not alleged sexual predators. We could bring that Chris Hansen guy back but with a panel van.

Yeah, legally G&F exhausted the law so agreed there. As weak as the law is, they did what they legally could. My hope is they look for that grey area and execute it on this guy.

The problem is that wolves are always in the political crosshairs so it’s an easy story to pluck out like what @MtnElk is saying. I don’t really care if it’s a wolf or an elk or a field mouse. That animal was abused by a “hunter” consciously. It’s one thing to break a rule by forgetting to wear an orange vest and hat in CO or whatever. Read the regs and eat the fine. When you consciously make an animal suffer and tout it, it’s 100% a moral issue.

Back