Realization - My Mom is why I’m on Hunttalk

Hammsolo

I was just reading the great Mothers Day Posts, and I had an epiphany. I’m on Hunttalk because of my Mom. I became a hunter and conservationist because of my Mom. She got me my first guns, got me to hunters ed, hooked me up with a wonderful old guy named Don to learn to reload, got me a RMEF Membership in 93 for Christmas, and has done nothing but inspire me.

To this day she is remediating the A Hill in Anaconda with her own cash. She’s now taking on the ridiculous deer feeding too.

My Dad was disconnected, didn’t enjoy the outdoors and frankly didn’t think much of me. My Mom is my damn hero, and I’m proud to be her son.

Here she is with my brother @Hamm59701 and I on top of Mount Powell. She may be the oldest person to climb it at the age of 74, sans breast cancer and a new heart valve. I’m proud to be Momma Anita’s boy. Hell, she was working on her push up form the other day… ripping them out.

I hope all of you have the blessing of an amazing Mother, and tell her she’s amazing. God Bless.F5D80814-7210-4B5F-8232-23CFA2F45A0E.jpeg

I take care of my Ma and the reason I am on hunt talk is she takes up most of my once available free time to hunt, so I hunt vicariously through you guys!

My life sure will is interesting. My Mom hasn’t changed a blink from when that photo was taken. Why the hell is my beard grey and I’m balding…?36F3E6FF-2B2B-4875-A9B4-B571CBBE3E14.jpeg

Back