MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rare turkey behavior secret revealed!!!

ridgetop

It’s a little known fact that when turkeys get to be a ripe old age, they have a secret morning ritual during the peak of the mating season that involves hanging by their spurs for the purposes of deep meditation and stretching. Its only recently that this phenomenon has made mention into the journals of modern biology and science. A secondary purpose for this this strange behavior is for getting the blood to rush to the head before the start of the day for maximized head coloration, resulting in greater attraction to the opposite sex. This is only done after the first gobble of the morning, and usually for less than a minute. For the hunter, this can be of much benefit. In this vulnerable time they can be taken with the barrel of your shotgun with a good solid rap to the head and neck region. Below is one of the few known images of this behavior in nature.

fc365653.jpg

I am only coming forward with this rare photograph and insight so that the select hunters that gather here can harvest more mature gobblers, more often. Bear in mind, they only do this in the spring and only for a few short weeks in the peak of the breeding season. As only the most mature toms do this, you must listen for the low and repetitive “OHHHHHHHMMMMM” call of a big gobbler in this state of repose for this tactic to work. Otherwise attempts to capitalize on this will result in a lot of spooked gobblers. Good luck. Hope this helps.
wink.gif

fc365646.jpg

May 3, 2003 6:08 a.m.
21 1/2 lbs.
10 3/8" and 4" double beard
1 1/2" spurs
Yeah, its the same place I got my jake...

Thanks guys, Im pretty happy with this birdie. Best one Ive gotten in the last few years
biggrin.gif

I'm glad someone thought it was funny... I thought Moosies place had a sense of humor...
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

ridgetop, Fuggin Hillarious.. Sometimes posts slip by us
wink.gif
(I.E. ME
tongue.gif
)

Kudos of the Fine bird my friend, and good story !!!
elkgrin.gif

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back