Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rangefinding binoculars

It might be best to see if all the range finding bins are made in the same chinese factory but just a different brand name. I found that out buying a straight rangefinder. Just FYI

It might be best to see if all the range finding bins are made in the same chinese factory but just a different brand name. I found that out buying a straight rangefinder. Just FYI
All are not. The Meopta has no products with the word China anywhere on it. I know the older Leica were Portugal made, not sure about new ones.

I have leica geovid hd-b 3000 - and have been very happy with them. There are definitely pro's and cons to rf binos that i think each hunter has to evaluate. Where I really love them is when I'm helping others on their hunts...it is so nice not to have to swap between bino and rf. I can stay on an animal and read ranges out to the hunter instantaneously...allowing me to keep a good eye on the animal, the shot placement, and range all at once. If I were a guide - couldn't imagine using anything other than rf binos. Since my hunts these days are 90% me helping others...that's my biggest reason for using them.

I really enjoy my Leica HD-B 2200. I think for rifle hunting they are the way.

Bowhunting can be a little more cumbersome.

I use the Meopta Optika LR and love them. Used them last year again down to 10f with zero problems. PM me for a price. In the past I had the Leica and was not impressed with that generation of optics or ranging. The SIG Kilo were better than the older leica but ergonomics sucked.
Do those do angle compensation?

I've used a pair of Fury's since Aug. 2017. I've really enjoyed the convenience. I haven't had a problem with them just like all my other Vortex optics. They are a little bulkier than regular binos, so fit a little tighter in my Sitka harness. Also, the exterior rubber is more tacky than my Razor binos, so they pickup a little more dirt. And I don't like how the lens caps fit, but I removed them to use the binos in my harness. I haven't seen a new pair recently, so these things I point out might've changed. Would I buy them again....yes.

I have an older set of swaro ELs (2004 ?) and a Leica Rangefinder (2005) as well.
if my Leica rf ever dies on me I may upgrade into new set of new set of swaro RF binos. I never considered buying a rf bino before now but dang they have a few really nice ones out these day where I wouldn't have to suffer loss of optics of ranging. It would be nice to get rid of one more piece of gear.

I use the Meopta Optika LR and love them. Used them last year again down to 10f with zero problems. PM me for a price. In the past I had the Leica and was not impressed with that generation of optics or ranging. The SIG Kilo were better than the older leica but ergonomics sucked.
How is the glass quality? Do they compare closer to the Meostar or Meopro line?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back