Rangefinder recommendations?

I have a lot of rangfinder options to offer, Send me a PM, some good deals

Sig 1800. I bought it to load up ballistic profiles. I have an MOA reticle on the scopes. Not really a fan of sig optics. Low light works great. Bright sunlight not so much. Factory second, bought it cheap. I have an old luepold about 15 years old that still works good. I would buy luepold if there is a model that will calc moa.

I am expecting a shipment of demo models in soon. PM me if you are interested in buying a range finder. Serious buyers only, if you use words "curious" in the PM i will ignore you....... I am too busy to satisfy your curiosity

I’ve had a few rangefinders starting with the old brick sized Bushnell 500, they have come a long way. If you want warranty Vortex is best but not as nice functionally as the others in my opinion. Sig gives you the best bang for the buck and Leica has the best glass and excellent quality. My new Ridgeback Puppy chewed the eyepiece cover on my Leica 1000R a couple of years ago. I sent it in for repair with the story & expected to get a bill. Instead I got a new 1600 replacement with no charge. So I’m a Leica customer service fan.

I usually default to Leupold but I am going with Vortex on the rangefinder for the warranty.

I purchased a Leupold RX 1600 earlier this year. I'm shopping for binos now. I had pretty much settled on Zeiss Conquests, and then accidentally stumbled upon the Vortex fury 5000 HD, which has a range finder built into it. I'm now contemplating one of those. I just need to do some research to see how the glass compares to the Conquests. They are a pretty killer deal for the money right now.

I purchased a Leupold RX 1600 earlier this year. I'm shopping for binos now. I had pretty much settled on Zeiss Conquests, and then accidentally stumbled upon the Vortex fury 5000 HD, which has a range finder built into it. I'm now contemplating one of those. I just need to do some research to see how the glass compares to the Conquests. They are a pretty killer deal for the money right now.
I’ve briefly looked through both, the Vortex glass doesn’t compare to the Conquests...

I’ve briefly looked through both, the Vortex glass doesn’t compare to the Conquests...

Thanks. Definitely sticking with the Conquests then. I'd love to get a pair of Geovids, but a bit too much coin for me right now.

Sig 1800. I bought it to load up ballistic profiles. I have an MOA reticle on the scopes. Not really a fan of sig optics. Low light works great. Bright sunlight not so much. Factory second, bought it cheap. I have an old luepold about 15 years old that still works good. I would buy luepold if there is a model that will calc moa.

The Rx1600 and up will do this, not sure about the other models. It will do a TBR (True Ballistic Range) as well, accounting for shooting at upward and downward angles, and it also comes pre-loaded with firing solutions that will give you your MOA or MIL adjustment for at least a couple hundred factory loads. If for example you use Nosler 130 gr Ballistic Tips in .270, you can select it from a menu, so when it gives you your MOA/MIL adjustments, they'll be for that specific factory load. Pretty slick set-up, especially if you use it in conjunction with a CDS dial. The one downside, for me anyway, is that they use a minimum 200 yard zero range, so if you like a 100 yard zero like I do, you'd have to just use the standard TBR mode without selecting a pre-loaded ballistic data table.

The Rx1600 and up will do this, not sure about the other models. It will do a TBR (True Ballistic Range) as well, accounting for shooting at upward and downward angles, and it also comes pre-loaded with firing solutions that will give you your MOA or MIL adjustment for at least a couple hundred factory loads. If for example you use Nosler 130 gr Ballistic Tips in .270, you can select it from a menu, so when it gives you your MOA/MIL adjustments, they'll be for that specific factory load. Pretty slick set-up, especially if you use it in conjunction with a CDS dial. The one downside, for me anyway, is that they use a minimum 200 yard zero range, so if you like a 100 yard zero like I do, you'd have to just use the standard TBR mode without selecting a pre-loaded ballistic data table.
That is good to know. I will check it out, thank you. My zero is 200 yards since the majority of my shots are 200-400 yards.

That is good to know. I will check it out, thank you. My zero is 200 yards since the majority of my shots are 200-400 yards.

My pleasure. Here's the link for the ballistics table. Hopefully your load is on there.

Thanks. Definitely sticking with the Conquests then. I'd love to get a pair of Geovids, but a bit too much coin for me right now.
Have you looked through the new Trinovids

Have you looked through the new Trinovids yet if you prefer Leica glass? I looked though a friends last week and they seemed nicer than the Vortex certainly can’t remember how they compare with conquests but I tend to like Zeiss glass.

My pleasure. Here's the link for the ballistics table. Hopefully your load is on there.
Didn't see my loads in the chart. The sig app let's me build a custom profile for loads. Then I bluetooth the profile over to the rangefinder.

Have you looked through the new Trinovids

Have you looked through the new Trinovids yet if you prefer Leica glass? I looked though a friends last week and they seemed nicer than the Vortex certainly can’t remember how they compare with conquests but I tend to like Zeiss glass.

I haven't had a chance to handle either. Nobody in my area seems to keep them in stock, so I've had to rely strictly on reviews. I originally wanted Trinovids over the Conquests, but they lack scratch resistant coatings. You need to step up to the Ultravids for that. I don't know how much of a difference those coatings make, but for the same money, I think the Conquests are a better buy. Also, in a couple reviews where they did head to head comparisons, the Conquests seemed to have slightly better sharpness and brightness compared to the Trinovids.

Reading the specs on the Leupold range finders (RX-2800 and 1600I) has me curious about the "Max Range - Golf Flag (yd)" = 0.

I'm looking for a new finder that I can use for both golf and hunting...what is the key feature I'm missing? I don't want to spend a pretty penny on a hunting rangefinder and not be able to determine the flag distance.

I'm intrigued by the posters who used Leupold and now like SIG more. Is there something on the SIG finders that allows you to find BOTH deer and flag range?

Sig Kilo or Leica are the ones to get, everything else seems to be a step down.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back