PEAX Equipment

Rangefinder Binoculars

Can you have too many optics? Another solution is a more compact Swarovski 8X32 EL Swarovision and a Leica CRF 2500 rangefinder. A little less bulk in one optic, but the rangefinding EL still works better for smaller target acquisition at longer ranges...

View attachment 191831
Did you really need to range that grouse? ;)

So I went from the gen 2 Geovids, to the Sig kilo3000, and now to the Meopta Optika LR. I hated the ergonomics of the Sigs, they felt bulky and weird to me. The shape is weird enough that you can't find lens caps that worked.. The Meopta are smaller, lighter, and the optics seem a touch better in my opinion. It lacks the Bluetooth stuff but it's something I can definitely do without. The rangefinder performance is really nice.

Anyone have any updates? I’ve been looking at the Fury’s, Sig 3000, Leica, and Meopta. Looking to stay under 2000.

Would be curious if those that commented above used their binoculars this season and are still happy or wish they had tried a different brand.

Just got the kilo3000. Liking it so far. Dad has the fury. Also good. I like the kilos better but not a huge difference. Kilos don’t come with lens caps which is a pain.

I have the Leica HDB-2200 and am very happy with them. To me they seem to have really good glass and range farther than I need them to. Mine were part of that batch that didn’t range in cold weather but I sent them in and they fixed them quickly with no questions asked. I picked mine up used but in mint condition for $1,500 and feel like I got a really good deal on them.

I got a set of Leica HD-B 3000 8x42 when they were on sale at eurooptic when the new version came out. They have a fantastic image and range out to 2500 yds pretty consistently. I only wish they were a little smaller, they are the same size as my 15x56 binos and ideally they wouldn't take up so much space on my chest.

I highly recommend shopping used or waiting for sales on the Leica rangefinding optics. They seem to update their electronics every couple years and the old versions drop in price by quite a bit.

Anyone have any updates? I’ve been looking at the Fury’s, Sig 3000, Leica, and Meopta. Looking to stay under 2000.

Would be curious if those that commented above used their binoculars this season and are still happy or wish they had tried a different brand.
Yep, like my Meoptas I used this year. PM me, I have a demo model of the Meopta

I got these on a great deal over the summer and love them.
Awesome - I finally pulled the trigger after noticing that all of the guys I hunt with are always turning to the one guy in our group with Ranging finding binos and asking him for range calls nearly 90% of the time.

Can't wait to get my dope chart loaded in them.

I have been using Geovids for the last 10 years and have been very happy with them. I recently upgraded to the HD-R 2700s, got them from Doug at Cameraland.
One thing most people fail to mention is how much easier it is to range with binos over a small handheld RF.

I run zeiss victory RF 10x42 and I use the full ballistic capabilities. These are amazing. I have 12x NL Pures also and for me the quality is the same in glass. I use the NL Pures off of tripod and the ranging binos only leave my chest when they are in my hands.

The leica 3200's are great as well just a bit bigger than I wanted to carry.

Anybody see the sigs in stores so you can look at them? I would love to get rid of the extra range finders. But I love my nikons and dont want to downgrade on glass.

Other question is if the electronics die I would assume it doesnt affect the function of the glass.

Based on price it kind of looks like the sig 3000 or Vortex Fury. Not really thinking spending over a grand is what I want to do for these

Last edited:
I been using Vortex Fury HD 5000 rangefinder binoculars. I had great experience using it for hunting and long range shooting etc. with its magnificent 10X magnification power and amazing 5000 yards range. It's the best rangefinder binocular you van ever have.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back