Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rainbow Gathering

You get that many people together in one place, hippies or otherwise, there is bound to be some issues. I wouldn't go so far at to label all of them bad. I was under the impression that while they create quite a mess during the event, a number of people stay behind for weeks to attempt to remediate the area. Maybe there are some before/after pics of the gathering spots to see if that's accurate. "Bullet receptacles" is a bit much though.

This is true. You go to an NRA rally and you're going to get some right wing conservative racist Klan-type, Bundy-supporting bigots who want to kill all the brown people. That doesn't mean the whole crowd is like that.

If there are 20,000 hippies there will be a few satellite bulls running around the outside looking for trouble. They are probably NOT left wing liberal Democrats. They are just selfish criminals.

Sounds like I hit a little too close to home with my comment.

No, actually. I AM a left wing liberal. I am NOT a Democrat. I have very little in common with the Rainbow Family and don't feel welcome around them at all (as stated in my earlier post). So you missed by a mile. I hope you are a better shot in the woods.

Alcohol is drugs, and one of the most dangerous, deadly, addicting drugs in the world.

I used to do environmental enforcement and, while working on a PERC mess, I got to talking to a RCRA/HWMA/CWA/CAA scientist who specialized in hazardous waste. She told me that if alcohol was invented tomorrow then people would be as likely to ingest it as they would PERC. And it would be regulated as a hazardous substance.

That said, I've been known to ingest and enjoy it now and again. People do stupid S even when they know better.

A rainbow gathering is probably the one place you will see the most Subarus in one place. Cept maybe for a dealership. mtmuley

Well, might have to cancel my solo three week Elk hunt in White River National forest and head to the party. Is there a conformation on the sex and drugs? I might have to reconsider my first aid and kill it.

They've come up in the world then. I recall a lot of foot-back, thumbs and VWs. :D

You'd be surprised. Montana has hosted them twice. Read some stuff about them. Sure there is the nomadic hippie type, but they aren't all that way. mtmuley

Last time they came to Missoula there was an advisory not to eat of their food. Seems they are quite inviting when strangers arrive, but sanitary they are not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back