Rainbow Gathering

Years ago the RF had a gathering outside of Taos when my folks lived there. By the time the last one got ran out of town, they had racked up an impressive number of shoplifting complaints and left behind stray dogs. It really says a lot if you can manage to piss off all the locals in that hippie town.

I don't know exactly how the law reads but I would think if they are leaving garbage and digging holes to use as a bathroom for hundreds of people law enforcement should be able to start handing out tickets right from the start. I would think if they start paying a bunch of fines that might help some change there ways.

^It wouldn't help to write tickets. They probably wouldn't pay the fines. It's my understanding that they've been doing this for years.

These people are absolute trash. Definitely do not leave anything alone in their vicinty or it will be gone. I have zero respect for this group of useless wanderers after the things they did in Hamilton and Wisdom the last time they came through.

These people are absolute trash. Definitely do not leave anything alone in their vicinty or it will be gone. I have zero respect for this group of useless wanderers after the things they did in Hamilton and Wisdom the last time they came through.

Yep. mtmuley

In '92 these fools came to Delta County, CO. If I remember right, there were almost 20,000 people, plenty of drugs, along with some stabbings and rape. I remember being at a store when a rainbow (basically hippie) was asked to put shoes on, and she urinated right there on the floor in the isle... Now, I didn't see her pee, but I watched the guy mopping it up in the isle shaking his head.

They had a gathering on forest service land north of Steamboat Springs a few years ago. They left the place an absolute crap hole. Even left a couple of burned out vehicles.

A few years back when they were in the big hole, for the second time, I came within inches of getting into a head on collision with one of their members who was driving drunk in the afternoon just south of Dillon on the old highway near poindexter. He came around the corner going in excess of 90 mph, slid sideways across my lane just in front of me and flew through a fence and the borrow ditch. It's a miracle he didn't roll the car. A "mother" came flying out of the car screaming that her two children almost died and that they were hitchhiking with the drunk driver up to the "gathering". After assuring there were no injuries I assured that the guy got arrested. The next day the gal and her kids were at Safeway taking showers under the vegetable misters. This way the employees had to throw out the produce whereupon the rainbow people would raid the garbage and eat them. If I recall correctly the governor declared a state of emergency to get enough funding to clean up the forest once they left. How these ass clowns are able to keep holding these gatherings is beyond me. I have nothing good to say about them.

So its just a big traveling group of liberal Democrats partying in the forest and destroying the environment they claim to love and worship? :rolleyes:

You get that many people together in one place, hippies or otherwise, there is bound to be some issues. I wouldn't go so far at to label all of them bad. I was under the impression that while they create quite a mess during the event, a number of people stay behind for weeks to attempt to remediate the area. Maybe there are some before/after pics of the gathering spots to see if that's accurate. "Bullet receptacles" is a bit much though.

You get that many people together in one place, hippies or otherwise, there is bound to be some issues. I wouldn't go so far at to label all of them bad. I was under the impression that while they create quite a mess during the event, a number of people stay behind for weeks to attempt to remediate the area. Maybe there are some before/after pics of the gathering spots to see if that's accurate. "Bullet receptacles" is a bit much though.
I remember after a bunch of dire predictions they cleaned up after themselves near Stanley, Idaho (2001). However, SixPoint was correct in saying the gov declared a state of emergency to clean up the mess they made here. http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_75ee157e-ed0f-51a1-86e1-74ab620be0a5.html

Last edited:
When they came through Missoula a few years ago, the "remnants" stayed behind for weeks causing plenty of trouble in town. They didn't get along well with the local homeless crowd, either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back