Rain Please.......

I think it would be fun going after a trophy camel
hump.gif
Just think :rolleyes: you don't need any water to clean up with after you gut them
they have that big hump full
hump.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

I haven't heard anything about fish & wildlife shutting down hunting season either. That would be a first. I can't imagine why they would do that, this summer isn't any different than it was the year before, or the year before, or the year before. The timber companies (Weyerhaeuser, Simpson, etc.) almost ALWAYS close their lands, but public land remains open.

Tony Throphy camel hunting I love it, How would they score them by the humps or how far they can spit?

If I remember correctly back in 1978 or 79, the game and fish had talked about shutting down certain hunts, but mainl that was in okanogen county due to extreamly dry conditions
we went with like 3 months of no rain in the puyallup area that year also. harst lake was way down and that great trout lake(forget the name) 20 miles from gigharbor was next to empty due to drought.

Delw

Originally posted by Washington Hunter:
The timber companies (Weyerhaeuser, Simpson, etc.) almost ALWAYS close their lands, but public land remains open.
WH, I remember a couple years ago when you drew that Elk permit by Mt. St. Helens and you couldn't hunt the unit because Weyerhauser closed their land due to fire danger. Didn't you get your preference points back after a little begging?

Delw
Lots of great trout lakes 20 miles from GH. East of GH? :D

I don't remember DF&W shutting down any seasons. Lots of times State Lands and National Forest closed to off road travel and/or fire restrictions though. Private lands too.

Tony
Do we need a permit for them camels? :D Is it either sex? :D

WW

The last year they closed the woods down was in 1991 I believe.We were hunting the Yakima area for 7 plus days for deer and had no clue until a game warden wandered up the hill and he let us know then.

I'm thinking they score on the hump size for then trophy camels...If you get a double humper I think you get double the points
hump.gif
and I believe its males only,,unless you draw a permit :D :D

I was only kidding about the closing of hunting season guys :D :D :D Thats alright, don't feel bad....My wife fell for it too
fight.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

Well, we finally are getting a little bit of rain. This rain will help, but I bet we're going to need a lot more rain for the private timber companies to open up there land for access during hunting season. Keep praying for rain.

Where we set up camp for elk season, the grass is 5-6 feet high. This is the tallest I have ever seen it. We have had a lot of rain days, but not a lot of rain. We have had rains that were steady and most of our rain has occured in the evening and overnight. It has been great for the plant life but has not really helped the water table or reservoirs at all. Back in the hills ieverything is as lush and green as can be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back