Raghorn Express

Good thinkin' tjones.

We hiked in and set up camp yesterday and now going in with a load of production supplies today. I am looking for a raggie. Heck, even spikes and cows are legal on the general tag in this unit, so I might not even qualify to post here even if I do fill my tag.

CHUGGA, CHUGGA, CHUGGA, CHUGGA ...... TOOT TOOT!!!

First time in a lot of years I get to ride the express....... If I post first can I be the engine?

Attachments

• BULL4-SIZED.jpg
    BULL4-SIZED.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,632
My 2013 Mobility impared muzzleloader Hunt

Here is the raghorn that I took on my mobility impared hunt

Attachments

• Cruses Basin 2013 004.jpg
    Cruses Basin 2013 004.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,640
Good thinkin' tjones.

We hiked in and set up camp yesterday and now going in with a load of production supplies today. I am looking for a raggie. Heck, even spikes and cows are legal on the general tag in this unit, so I might not even qualify to post here even if I do fill my tag.

Giving up on your bruiser already???? Supposed to wait until at least 10 am on opening day to concede! haha.... good luck! I will be up after my bruiser opener too. If I can't find him by 10 I may be posting here as well....lol

First elk (and any thereafter) is a big deal. First elk, and with a bow! That's tough. Good work.

Hope to get on board next weekend with a Colorado rag horn.

My kid and a couple of friends started a tradition a few years back. We bowhunt opening day on some private lands that have an elk herd hitting some agricultural fields close by. There's a bunch of rifle hunters that light this herd up and remove all the bulls in short order. We try to ambush the elk when they run from the area. It's not much of a hunt with a rifle, but using a bow makes it exciting and fun. That to me is what's been missing in the modern hunting.

Anyway, I had this guy give me a shot. He didn't go very far, and was loaded whole. You get B & C points added for any elk loaded whole I believe.

Attachments

• 2013 archery elk.jpg
    2013 archery elk.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,216
I'm doing something wrong if you need to drop back a weapon to make killing a bull sporting, I hiked my tail off all weekend and pulled up zeros.

Great bull shoots.

I'm doing something wrong if you need to drop back a weapon to make killing a bull sporting, I hiked my tail off all weekend and pulled up zeros.
I don't begrudge others for using a fire stick there. It's just not my thing. I would rather use a bow, and it's possible there so I do it. The part where I said "making it fun" is important. I'm also not out much if they get ran out for the season.

November and deep snow, make packing a rifle a joy. Now I will be chasing woofs.

Punched my ticket back in september on our first ever elk hunt. Got to go with my good friend Mr.Steve. Finally found out what we have been missing out on all these years, nothing like hunting elk in the rut. Needless to say we are hooked and will be out in the elk woods every chance we get.

Attachments

• MT%20elk.jpg
    MT%20elk.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 808
  • elk.JPG
    elk.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 784
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members