Quote of the week..

way to represent. (hunting and OYOA)

... damage the perception the public has of hunters and eventually leads to the further diminishment of hunters’ rights. Unethical slob hunters who trash their hunting

JB, I'm not ashamed of cleanly killing a prairie dog with an arrow, nothing slob-like or unethical about it in my opinion. Just how it is. Not ashamed of killing larger animals with an arrow either.. though most usually don't scream like that. :D Perhaps you should join PETA if you are so disgusted.

JB, I'm not ashamed of cleanly killing a prairie dog with an arrow, nothing slob-like or unethical about it in my opinion. Just how it is. Not ashamed of killing larger animals with an arrow either.. though most usually don't scream like that. :D Perhaps you should join PETA if you are so disgusted.

maybe you didnt get it the first time.

... damage the perception the public has of hunters and eventually leads to the further diminishment of hunters’ rights.

I did get it. Are you suggesting the public might view this prairie dog killing and diminish our rights? :D Bring it. File a complaint.

JB, I'm waiting for you to tell me specifically what is wrong with this. Are you opposed to killing varmints? Or is it okay, but not okay to film it? Is poisoning better, out of sight, out of mind? Is it wrong for me to enjoy shooting prairie dogs? I can't count how many times I've seen some bear hunter on TV shoot a bear and it gave out a death moan.. Is the prairie dog worthy of more humane treatment? And if so, how should I have done it.. note that I squashed it's head no more than 35 seconds after I released the arrow.

I don't have any problem target practicing with small game animals like that, I do it a lot but I disagree of cleanly killing a prairie dog. When you used your foot to shake it off your arrow why not kill it put it out of its misery instead of letting it suffer longer as it runs down its hole.

I squashed it's head with my boot!! It's flopping around and down it's hole for Christ's sake!

The way it ran down the hole I didn't think you smashed his head, I just read your next post, I have no problem with what you did as long as you quickly dispatched it. Good shooting and its good practice if you can hit a prairie dog you can hit a lope. Shooting a live animal is great practice better then punching paper.

The real problem here is you were not wearing a prairie dog cap so you could sneak in closer and get a better shot.:)

Nice shooting! A prairie dog at 40 yards is a dang difficult shot. I'm sure it helps with the confidence so that when you've got that once in a lifetime buck in your sights, say, anywhere under 60 yards, you know you'll be money! :D

Tell the cameraman to get a tripod, though I'll have to admit, his deep, smooth voice made for an excellent host.

I've blown more chances on big stuff than you might believe. :D That was just one of many.

One the season is over and I've had a chance to get some video editing s/w that will work with the mp4 format and I can edit out my swearing.. I'll post that. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back