NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Quick MT Limited Draw Question

Blinn

If one were to draw a limited archery MT elk tag (lets say 900-20), could you still go archery hunt in a general unit as well, or go back to MT during rifle season and rifle hunt a general unit because you have a Big Game or Elk Combo license, or are you forced to give up that as an option by drawing that limited tag? I apologize for the silly question, and I realize that it probably doesn't make sense to go hunt a general unit when you drew a limited tag, but I was just curious. I have just read to many forum posts, and I am starting to question my sanity!

You can hunt any general unit regardless of any permit you draw. mtmuley

^this. In mt you have a general tag always, every time! A permit allows you to also hunt the area/species, time frame of said permit IN ADDITION too your general tag if you so choose

^this. In mt you have a general tag always, every time! A permit allows you to also hunt the area/species, time frame of said permit IN ADDITION too your general tag if you so choose

So, your saying you can hunt ANY general unit both early and late season if you draw the 900-20 in addition to those units listed under that permit? If I am unsuccessful drawing that 900-20 tag as my first choice, do I earn a bonus/preference point and still have the ability to hunt the general tag in ANY unit I want?

So, your saying you can hunt ANY general unit both early and late season if you draw the 900-20 in addition to those units listed under that permit? If I am unsuccessful drawing that 900-20 tag as my first choice, do I earn a bonus/preference point and still have the ability to hunt the general tag in ANY unit I want?

Yes. Provided you are talking about any GENERAL unit.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back