Quick Goat Hunt

Nice job TB! If I am lucky I might get a caribou hunt in or maybe a Kodiak/PWS blacktail hunt. I need some venison for the freezer...preferably blacktail.

Sweet. Goats are top on my bucket list. I want to do that bad and deer on kodiak also. Great pics and write up. Thanks for sharing

Sweet. Goats are top on my bucket list. I want to do that bad and deer on kodiak also. Great pics and write up. Thanks for sharing

Do it then. Since I moved here 8 years ago it seems most mt animal hunts have doubled in price. I know if I'd have stayed in Wisconsin I'd have never been able to afford a sheep hunt, but I could have pulled off a goat hunt. If I could go back and talk to that guy (me) I would say do it now before you get to old. It's basically the same experience, same sense of accomplishment, same amount of oh sh@t moments, with just a little less horn to pack out, for less than half the price.
On a side note I sold the rug to a "famous" taxidermy place in Anchorage for a free Euro mount and $350. They seemed pretty excited about the size of the hide so I may have sold to low but I got plenty of dead stuff around the house. Heck I'm not even sure where I'll put the Euro goat mount, much less the caribou head I am getting done. Time to start looking for a new house for the expanding family I guess... :D

Last edited:
Way to get it done TB!!! I drew the Zachar Bay tag back when it was a draw only hunt, didn't score on a billie but saw lots of goats. Been thinking about doing that hunt again and you might have just convinced me to do it. If it were me, I would sell the hide and buy some new toys. Congrats man!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back