Question on handgun pickup

Bob-WY

Ordered a handgun to be picked up in store. Says "government ID with picture and current address"

Just remembered, when we bought a house 3 years ago we did not update our drivers license, it does not have current address. Am I SOL on this or can I show something else?

Here is CO we can accept the following to serve as a "secondary" piece with the correct address until the ID is updated:

-Vehicle registration (current and correct)
-annual hunting or fishing license (current and correct)
-Voter registration card
-Local (COS) utility bill as it is municipally owned
-CCW permit if it has address

Ordered a handgun to be picked up in store. Says "government ID with picture and current address"

Just remembered, when we bought a house 3 years ago we did not update our drivers license, it does not have current address. Am I SOL on this or can I show something else?
I recently did the same. I was asked to also provide something with my current address. My hunting license counted.

I ran into that one time…dmv literally just taped a piece of paper with my new address on my DL. 😆
I think this is one of those things where the implementation of the rule varies widely.

Any valid, government-issued photo ID with name, *correct* residence address and DOB would work. Do you have a photo ID pistol permit or passport, for instance?

When I worked at Sportsmans warehouse in anchorage most people in the bush only had a P.O. Box. They had to show their unexpired license with picture and something with physical address like utility bill, insurance, or hunting license.

Definitely SOL. That's what I was told when I went to pick up a gun at Sportsman right after we moved. Luckily they were nice and held the gun for me while I got that updated

Bob I'd call the store and talk with the gun person and ask if you go get your license updated and they give you the paper temporary one, will they take that? If so go to the Sheridan Drivers license office and get updated. I think they take your old one when you update, ask about that too.

Based on thinking you are near Sheridan.

Yup Sheridan, called this AM they said any government issued document showing my address is fine. I specifically asked about car registration or hunting tags, they said both would work along with a photo ID.

Going in with passport, registration, tags and credit card. If that won't work off to DMV on Sheridan IF they will accept paper. License is up for renewal in spring anyway

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back