Yeti GOBOX Collection

Question for Moosie or Del or lawyer type

Curly

Other message boards seem to be sort of paranoid about getting sued when someone posts something that would "promote illegal acts". For example if someone were to say that a sealion should be "hazed with a 300 Win mag", the message (or entire thread) will be deleted because they say it is promoting an illegal act.

Why are they so worried about lawsuits for what some member of the forum writes in their post? The message board owner isn't really responsible/liable for what some of its members type, are they? Just curious what your take is on the law.

It's well known that Moosie is not responsible for anything, therefore he cannot be held liable under the law. (you know, kind of like a mentally retarded kid) :D
Just kidding, I don't know the answer to that, but Moosie is a responsible guy, he has to be, being the father of 8 children, and the owner of 14 houses. I suppose with those "other" message boards they simply don't want anybody's feelings to get hurt. Now you know why Buzz and Jose post only on Hunt Talk. :D

Washington Hunter said:
I suppose with those "other" message boards they simply don't want anybody's feelings to get hurt. :D

I think that is part of it, but they also say that could be liable for encouraging illegal acts if they don't delete the posts. Another example would be if someone says that they should throw a bunch of haybales in the river to wipe out some indian nets.......they would immediately delete the post.

I have a little message board, and I don't give a rats ass who says what about what....we don't delete nothing. If a person wants to show their stupid, let em. We are not promoting anything if we don't delete it.

www.theshackoutback.com

People can say what they wnat unless one of the Admins, Mods or myslef thinks it should get nuked. HELL, I shoot Wolves all day long in the Ass so I don't understand why Clubbing seals or Eating Spotted Owls would be any different. It's one thing for someone to talk like that then saying they had a Relation with an Underage kid or something. There should be a line in jokes or what is written. Here it's fairly loose. Although when the Personal name calling goes Rampid we real that crap in.

It's all in Fun. With my "7" houses (Not 15 ;) ) I could loose alot if I was Sued... So I'm carefull alot of times in my lifes doings... Although on the Net, it doesn't matter if you say something like you shoot seals with a 300 mag. Although someone that doesn't like that could call the Autorities, and show them the post and they might knock at your door. If you're clean, don't worry about it...........

Can you post on that site for them to kiss my A$$ ? I tried that on Monstermulies once and they took offence :D

Next time you're up here in Alaska, come on by my place and we can grab some beers and spotlight some polar bears from my pickup.

Can you post on that site for them to kiss my A$$ ?

No, it would get nuked right-away........that would be illegal - assault and battery, I think. They are way too serious over at the site I'm referring to. I don't know where they get their legal advice, but I didn't think they knew what they were talking about.

Steiny - I recommend a 168gr Barnes Triple Shock.....you need a bullet that can penetrate deeply through all that fat and blubber and thick hide. Of course, if you're good you could go for head shots and just about any bullet would work enough to keep them from eating any more salmon and sturgeon.

Guppie - thanks for the invite. Do you have any hookers up there too. We could go get a couple after the beers and spotlighting polar bears.

Curly said:
Guppie - thanks for the invite. Do you have any hookers up there too. We could go get a couple after the beers and spotlighting polar bears.
Yeah, but they're all underage. So far it hasn't been too much of a problem. Just slip the state trooper a $50 bill if they catch you and they look the other way.

Can you post on that site for them to kiss my A$$ ? I tried that on Monstermulies once and they took offence

Sure can, you can tell them to do anything to your ass you want.

LMAO.... That was funny!!

Finally I suceed....Of course it would take a MM moderator to do that...Hump;) Funny stuff Brow!!

Guess I'll just have to stick to illegal hunting activities... like hunting wintering game on the highway with a snowplow...:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back