Quest for a Sask moose day by day

Well day 2 update a bunch more hunters and they were on their A game. Often moose hunters are slack and it’s pretty easy to beat everyone in before shooting light. Well today we got beat in. As we waited for shooting light we could see one of the guys went north and one south so we went west towards the end of the cut. At the end of the cut we spotted a cow and calf so we snuck in to see if there was a bull with. Well when they ran they spooked three more moose out of a small swamp/bluff. Well they came out and two were bulls for sure but they wouldn’t stop finally they separated enough for a running shot and dad made a hit in the front shoulder. Gave him some time before taking up the trail. A finisher sealed the deal

Very easy retrieval today four hours only and that was going slow and relaxing. Died in a nice spot could get the quad up to him easily.

That’s a wrap for out moose season everyone’s freezer is full now. Now to see if I can find a 160”+ whitetail lol
4B983C01-3801-4C8B-9B3B-37AA7183138C.jpeg
D48239A6-52B5-47C9-A6C1-BC41E1743941.jpeg

Nicely done for you and pops. I have spent more time on a rabbit hunt around a snow-covered feed lot than each of you needed to fill a freakin' bull moose tag. I can hardly imagine the 3-day adventure which began with a driving up to a filling station then ended with being able to drive up next to the second downed bull. A few hundred pounds of meat and still have a deer tag in your pocket. Hope you whack a really nice buck.

Saskatchewan… my absolute favorite place on earth !! Congratulations on the two moose hunts. Your are very fortunate to have your Dad as a hunting buddy !

Congratulations man ! Nice story too. Real nice to see a family working together like this. When I want to or am able to keep the hide on to keep the meat clean. I cut them in half at the 13th rib.
Do you process your own meat ?

Congratulations man ! Nice story too. Real nice to see a family working together like this. When I want to or am able to keep the hide on to keep the meat clean. I cut them in half at the 13th rib.
Do you process your own meat ?
Yes I do my own unless it’s too hot to hang and I have to get it to the cooler. Right now it’s 35F in my garage so perfect hanging weather. When I do my moose or elk I break them into six pieces cause it’s easier to handle and hang by myself. I saw right down the spine to split the animal length wise first then I remove the shoulders, next cut through the spine a couple ribs below the tenderloin and then I’ll have six manageable pieces

Congratulations thats awesome go get your tag at the gas station then go out and make it happen on a moose!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back