Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Quality over quantity?

Say someone gave you $6000 that you HAD to spend on guns and optics, what would you spend it on?

• A) Buy 6 low end rifles with cheap scopes, the more the better right?

• B) Buy 2 nice rifle and put good glass on them.

• Buy one really nice Gunwerks, MOA rifle, Red Rocks Precision ect. Buy once cry once.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With family heirlooms In the safe, and cool calibers I like, I think I’m covered for rifles. I’d buy one firearm. But I’m pretty sure it would be a shotgun, not a rifle. I get to shoot a shotgun at game September 1-middle of march. I get maybe4 weeks with a rifle in hand, and if I pull the trigger, that’s over.

I can read, I know I answered a different question than you asked.

Think I would go with A. I've always had relatively inexpensive rifles and scopes. The rifle' for the most part I could always make shoot and inexpensive glass, you'd have to define that for me but I've had a good number of $150+ scopes in my life and they all did what I asked.

I answered “B,” but I think that it would likely be closer to 3 or 4 guns and scopes that I would end up with for that amount of dinero. Of course my definition of “cheap” may be different than many others

I'm a B, generally, in life too. I just live in an A zone now. The B works like a winner for me.

Another vote for B. That’s the route I’m working to get to now, in my experience the cheaper rifles shoot fine in most cases but the overall quality (stock, finish, clunky bolt) on a lot of them just leaves me wanting something better.

B

I am about to wrote my thoughts up on the new Weatherby Backcountry. But my other rifles in that price range have never given me second thoughts. This will be my third one and it’s worth it

B all the way. C is a waste for me. I don’t have the skill to maximize it. Could I do a B rifle and some serious shooting classes? How many of us could shoot the difference between B and C? Is there really a big difference? I’m a good shot, but no Quigley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back