Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pyramid lake in Nv.

sneakypete

Thinking of fishing Pyramid anyone ever fish it? If so I plan on taking my boat a trolling it. I've heard shad pattern lures , but I can't seem to find any accurate info on proper techniques. Any help appreciated.

Just stop by the local tackle shop, be careful about the regulations and storms that show up out of no where. Call Sportsman's warehouse in Carson or Reno as well.

Thanks, I'd like to be a little prepared I'll give the store a call. I know about the storms and wind up there.

Trolling they used to use spoons called Torpedos. Most guys wade and fish from a ladder platform to get up higher and out of the cold water and use marabou jigs,woolybuggers and nymphs dragged right on the bottom. Natural and dark colors on the flies.When I run into Jim Teeny at the sports shows I have him pick me out a handful of his nymphs for my nephew to use at Pyramid. I think a 25lb cut came out of there last Fall.

I've spent many days there.

March is the best!

I mostly fly fished it, but have trolled from a boat.

Torpedoes, rapalas, spoons all work.

The best day from a boat I had the magic lure was a red/white Daredevil.

5 pounders are common. 10+ pounds are very possible.

I have a buddy that is there right now. He's been putting some pretty awesome cutthroat pics on Fb. Looks like a good time.

Flat fish purple in color as stated red and white daredevil. Most guys fish the nets off ladders a lot of nice fish are being caught. spawning pairs should be running around soon. Fly guys are doing just as good as boats.

Last year my wife did real well on a florescent pink flatfish. She caught more than the other 3 of us together. The wind can get pretty bad there too,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back