Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Punk Rock Hunt Talkers

Damn—some posts in this thread have brought back a flood of memories. Fear for my life in the pit at a NOFX show at the Wiltern. Paying $50 for a horrible bootleg video of Operation Ivy’s last show. Replacing the Spanish cd that my Spanish teacher planned to play for the class with the Dead Kennedys’ “Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death.” High School fun.

@Doublecluck I was in a pretty horrible band in high school and the last show I played with them was at the Showcase. I got dizzy going on stage there were so many people.

I had a copy of that like 10 minute Dead Kennedys EP, In God We Trust, Inc. that I used to listen to on repeat for hours doing my little neighborhood lawn mowing business when I was like 14. Those dudes kinda woke me up to politics at a young age.
Civics 101 through punk! Thank f$ck!n god! Not many bands like the Dead Kennedys. I almost got kicked out of school for wearing a shirt with the in god we trust album cover.

Civics 101 through punk! Thank f$ck!n god! Not many bands like the Dead Kennedys. I almost got kicked out of school for wearing a shirt with the in god we trust album cover.
Ha! I pushed some buttons with band shirts too, Dead Kennedys as well. Got juvie arrested for resisting arrest* while wearing a DK shirt that the cop sure didn’t like. I think my smart alec response was “do you think our forefathers stormed the beaches of Normandy so you could tell me what shirt I can wear?” They later dropped the charge and let me go in my merry way.

*Not sure the rationale behind that charge as one ostensibly precedes the other.

Ha! I pushed some buttons with band shirts too, Dead Kennedys as well. Got juvie arrested for resisting arrest* while wearing a DK shirt that the cop sure didn’t like. I think my smart alec response was “do you think our forefathers stormed the beaches of Normandy so you could tell me what shirt I can wear?” They later dropped the charge and let me go in my merry way.

*Not sure the rationale behind that charge as one ostensibly precedes the other.

That response sounds right in line with what an enlightened young punk would say!

Chuck Landis "Country Club", Reseda, Ca. NOFX, Bad Religion, Social Justice... Late 80s or early 90s.
Maybe why I don't like crowds as an adult - haha!
We're all worked up and presto, recipe for moshing (slamming back then)!
Music was great! Never again moshing. I steered far away from that scene after that turned into a royal cluster fk of human pinball!

I was in the BMX/Mongoose, surf / bogey board (Morey Mach 77 Team Rider Huntington to Zuma), ski (Mountain High to Heavenly) Glen Plake/Warren Miller flicks, turned 125 / 250cc, Crusty Demons era of the 80's - early 90's. On into the rice rockets. (Hurricane 1000 with rear hard tire burn outs... All for sheer stupidity and partying. Haha! Wow! This thread sparked some serious reminiscing!
It pumped us up.
Judas Priest, Ramones, all sweet. Clash and Sex Pistols. And a different breed within - NOFX, Pennywise, Vandals (Nice one - @INMT !), Rancid, Bad Religion, on and on.

Pennywise was bad ass! Bro Hymn spoke to us misfits.
Pennywise/vandals yup! couple I forgot about.

Hell yea! Never forget the people we idolized.

Iconic

Did my share of mosh pits. Never forget the time some genius thought Marilyn Manson and Pantera would be a good mix for Ozzfest. Goth folks meet skinheads. lol I saw a guy with his eye hanging out of his head at that concert.

Love punk, that and metal are heaviest in my rotation.

Hate NOFX though, terrible people and terrible music. Will never forget an entire crowd throwing bottles at them at a Warped Tour I went to, they were pissed they didnt get voted the feature act so they wasted their whole set playing their 10+ minute song. Got bombarded with empty/half empty water bottles. They have not been back to Calgary since haha

Offspring, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphy, Sum41, Social D, Anti-Flag, Rancid, early Green Day, Rise Against. Used to hit up Warped Tour, had a mohawk for a bit. Small town, farm country, close enough to a city that I could go see shows.

Social Distortion put on a fantastic show. Rise against with Bad Religion was damn good, but a few of the kids got a well-deserved lesson in pit etiquette (don’t throw elbows). Offspring was usually high energy, but the crowds calmed down a lot around 2012 or so.

Back