pulled the trigger

MThuntr

Went with a friend so he could do some gun trading and upgrade to a better rifle. While waiting on the deal, I managed to find a slightly used Winchester Featherweight in 270 Win. A Pentax (Burris) 3-9 sits on top. It has some odd crackling in the finish around the wrist of the rifle which resulted in a major discount and I couldn't resist...looks like i'll be eating ramen for a few weeks. :D

Attachments

• rsz_0725151615a.jpg
    rsz_0725151615a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 543
Very nice! The Win FW are pretty slick rifles, congrats! Now you just need to take it sheep hunting a la O'Connor... :D

It handles really nice. Put a couple rounds down range yesterday but I stopped as the scope is mounted a little too far forward so I have some Talleys coming to help that. It'll continue to wear the Pentax 3-9 until I can decide on which scope I want it to have. I'm pretty sure it'll be a Leupold with CDS but not sure which magnification range.

Edit: I should add that you can barely see the imperfections in the finish just above and to the left of the bolt knob. It looks like a small white blotch in this picture. I'll see if I can get a good pic of the finish at lunch. I'd like to hear from the group on a possible cause.

Last edited:
Here's the pic of the finish that is on the wrist of the stock only on the bolt side. It is only visible up close and in the right light. I suspect it is a manufacturer's flaw but if any of you guys have an idea I'd love to hear it.

Attachments

• rsz_10727151711.jpg
    rsz_10727151711.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 181
Back