pulled the trigger

Mthuntr

Went with a friend so he could do some gun trading and upgrade to a better rifle. While waiting on the deal, I managed to find a slightly used Winchester Featherweight in 270 Win. A Pentax (Burris) 3-9 sits on top. It has some odd crackling in the finish around the wrist of the rifle which resulted in a major discount and I couldn't resist...looks like i'll be eating ramen for a few weeks. :D

Attachments

• rsz_0725151615a.jpg
    rsz_0725151615a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 543

1_pointer

Very nice! The Win FW are pretty slick rifles, congrats! Now you just need to take it sheep hunting a la O'Connor... :D

Mthuntr

It handles really nice. Put a couple rounds down range yesterday but I stopped as the scope is mounted a little too far forward so I have some Talleys coming to help that. It'll continue to wear the Pentax 3-9 until I can decide on which scope I want it to have. I'm pretty sure it'll be a Leupold with CDS but not sure which magnification range.

Edit: I should add that you can barely see the imperfections in the finish just above and to the left of the bolt knob. It looks like a small white blotch in this picture. I'll see if I can get a good pic of the finish at lunch. I'd like to hear from the group on a possible cause.

Last edited:

Mthuntr

Here's the pic of the finish that is on the wrist of the stock only on the bolt side. It is only visible up close and in the right light. I suspect it is a manufacturer's flaw but if any of you guys have an idea I'd love to hear it.

Attachments

• rsz_10727151711.jpg
    rsz_10727151711.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 181

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjentringer