Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Published reloading data??

Some testing results I've read about show that most all powders are affected above 70º, just some less than others. Like Biscuit said, if the load's safe at 90º it'll be safe at all temps below that. It'd be a good idea to recheck POI in cooler temps to make sure that hasn't changed. With some thought, there's no reason not to shoot if you want to.

I agree.

I recently had a conversation with the folks at Alliant Powder. I was asking them about Reloder 33 powder, as I have found a couple loads with it that are fantastic in my 7 mags. I asked them about temperature sensitivity and the guy that I was talking to said that it should be pretty stable, but that all powder has varying degrees of sensitivity to temperature.

I have never been concerned with temperature swings. I am not a bench-rest shooter, so I do not have to split hairs. As was stated, a load developed safely when it is warm, will be just fine when it is cold. As most hunting is done during cool temps, all one has to do is to make sure that the rifle is sighted in at close to the temps that you will be hunting. Even a drop or rise in velocity of 100 fps is not going to change things that much at 300 yards in regards to hunting accuracy.

Back