Caribou Gear Tarp

Public service announcement

T

timmy

Make the Montana FWP mail you your tags. I tried to print mine off and I got nothing but a blank sheet. Link closed as you can only do it one time. Went to the miles city fwp office was told I should have just had them mailed to me as this is a common problem. They wanted to charge me to print them but could see my frustration and didn’t. But if I lose my tags I am done so let’s save some headaches for you folks.

I had ours get mailed out as well, figured if they want us to use those shitty tags they might as well pay to send them to me.

I called for mine to be mailed three times last year. Finally wound up picking them up at a hardware store in Gasgow on my way to Havre. The owner had a helluva time getting them to print. He eventually had to call Helena. Ontario also gave up on those yellow tags and went with print your own. I suspect the vendor of those yellow printing machines/software/paper tried to bushwack jurisdictions once they had them hooked up.

We had ours in ziplock bags last year , in our packs , but of course when we got one of our deer it decided to snow and sleet/rain , I’m sure they weren’t in the best shape . I wasn’t worried about getting checked , there wasn’t one goddamn thing we could do about it . It was legally tagged , whether the tag was readable 🤷🏽 who knows .

Went in to FWP and got ours. It feels like they used Rite in the Rain paper this year so they should hold up better.
Good tip. If I ever get my tags this year, I'll print them on Rite in Rain. I have a package of the stuff for printing rainy days trap club score sheets. Use a copy machine instead of inkjet printer. Boy, is that paper expensive! I suggest buying a package (Amazon?) and sharing it with your hunting friends.

Went to Bob Wards and had them printed on waterproof paper. No need to fool with lamination or sandwich bags. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back