Public land nemesis

I might of peed a little. 😂
jealous-aroused.gif

That’s beautiful, congratulations!! I can’t get over the fact it laid there that long and is still in that good of shape! Around here they’re all chewed up and missing whole tines within a week or two of being dropped.

That’s beautiful, congratulations!! I can’t get over the fact it laid there that long and is still in that good of shape! Around here they’re all chewed up and missing whole tines within a week or two of being dropped.
Well where it laid was probably under 2 - 4ft of water from march to late June. So that helped because there is a ton of porcupines in the area.

Ok I need expert...well not so expert opinions. I have seen 100s of pic of this deer since 2016 and my initial reaction was its chief. Based on rack shape, the bladed left eye guard and the far front leg hair pattern. And also the damn look on his face that he gives to all my cameras like he knows exactly why they are there. I'm gonna post two pics one from 2019 and the one I got on the 16th. I realize if it's him he regressed alot but he is 9.5 years old give or take 1 year.
@antlerradar @KipCarson

Let the opinions rip.

Screenshot_20211123-135930_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211123-143551_Gallery.jpg

Can not tell for sure, but I would not bet that it is him. The Browtines look very different and that is one part of a bucks antlers that change the least.
Also it appears that the recent buck, has a streak with some brown hair down the top of the nose, Chief is snow white. Beautiful cape on Chief.
I agree here.

The straight flat back on the most recent pic doesn’t have the sagging back line of a 9.5 year old deer

Same genetics though 👍

Throat patch on the second picture seems wide and undefined up higher, Chiefs seems to narrow and very well defined. I know that can change but doesn’t seem quite the same

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back