Public land nemesis

@Hilljackoutlaw we are all desperately waiting for an update...
Hunted the last few days pretty hard. Usually have good luck as the deer start hitting food sources the last few days of the season. Not this year tho. Just sitting in the cold. Something changed this year with the patterns of the deer in late season. I saw nothing and the cameras have captured nothing. Never seen it like this in the area. As far as chief goes I think the saga might have come to an end as there has been no sign of him. Still hope he shows up on some cameras at the food sources but I'm not holding my breath. Pretty bummed out that he might be gone.

As far as chief goes I think the saga might have come to an end as there has been no sign of him. Still hope he shows up on some cameras at the food sources but I'm not holding my breath. Pretty bummed out that he might be gone.
If that is the case, you certainly can't complain about the saga that has played out with him!

Hunted the last few days pretty hard. Usually have good luck as the deer start hitting food sources the last few days of the season. Not this year tho. Just sitting in the cold. Something changed this year with the patterns of the deer in late season. I saw nothing and the cameras have captured nothing. Never seen it like this in the area. As far as chief goes I think the saga might have come to an end as there has been no sign of him. Still hope he shows up on some cameras at the food sources but I'm not holding my breath. Pretty bummed out that he might be gone.
I saw some replicas on Instagram, is one set yours?

You are asking our opinion?
If you have to ask, then nope.
Not trying to be a jerk...who knows this deer better than you?
I'm still plugging for you by the way.
Its a true hog whitetail story.
I am envious on all regards.

I have no idea how I've missed this over the years. What a read, and what a deer! I'm not really a whitetail guy, but with each page of the thread, you had me drooling and scrolling faster and faster hoping to see you with Chief! That last deer you posted has some good looking, tall brows, but it's hard to say. Just think of all the good genetics Chief has passed along since this thread began.
Hoping you find another of his sheds this winter.

Well last year I had know sightings or photos I could confirm was him. I've had a late start to getting cams and stuff out this year and have not checked them since I got them out a few weeks ago. My gut feeling tells me he is still around somewhere. I am 99% sure I would of heard if he was harvested and I don't think he dies of old age just because most deer don't go from a 216 inch buck to dead of old age. I think his core area has shrunk as he has reached old age and I'm just not getting pics because he doesn't travel far. Since 2019 pics have been fewer and fewer. I have a fairly good idea where his core area is, but it's not camera friendly. It's go in and hunt it and hope you get him that day kinda spot almost impossible to get to undetected unless you go at 2am and sit there until daylight. Either way I'm trying to move on from the toxic relationship. Haha.

Well last year I had know sightings or photos I could confirm was him. I've had a late start to getting cams and stuff out this year and have not checked them since I got them out a few weeks ago. My gut feeling tells me he is still around somewhere. I am 99% sure I would of heard if he was harvested and I don't think he dies of old age just because most deer don't go from a 216 inch buck to dead of old age. I think his core area has shrunk as he has reached old age and I'm just not getting pics because he doesn't travel far. Since 2019 pics have been fewer and fewer. I have a fairly good idea where his core area is, but it's not camera friendly. It's go in and hunt it and hope you get him that day kinda spot almost impossible to get to undetected unless you go at 2am and sit there until daylight. Either way I'm trying to move on from the toxic relationship. Haha.
1660838233400.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back