MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

public hog hunting.....?

Does anyone know where there is public access to hunt hogs? I travel alot, so a road trip wouldn't hurt me any

There's a lot of public land that allows hog hunting in Texas. There's a $48 public lands permit plus your license fees, but there are lots of hogs. East TX probably will give you more access and more hogs, but it's thicker and tough to hunt...

where can i get more info on a texas hog hunt?

Go to the TX Parks & Widlife website or click on Resources here and then the TX map. There's a link to TP&W here as well. Under public hunting there is a Map booklet you can click on and get info on each public lands parcel and what is available. There is also considerable NFS land especially in E. TX and hogs are everywhere. I would personally recommend the White Oak WMA east of Mt. Pleasant, TX. It's 25K acres at the confluence of the Sulphur River and White Oak creek. It's open only to archery deer hunting, but wide open all winter to hog hunting.

That sounds like fun! I've been wanting to give a hog hunt a try, but don't like the idea of paying $500+ to shoot 'varmints'...

Go to the TX Parks & Widlife website or click on Resources here and then the TX map. There's a link to TP&W here as well. Under public hunting there is a Map booklet you can click on and get info on each public lands parcel and what is available. There is also considerable NFS land especially in E. TX and hogs are everywhere. I would personally recommend the White Oak WMA east of Mt. Pleasant, TX. It's 25K acres at the confluence of the Sulphur River and White Oak creek. It's open only to archery deer hunting, but wide open all winter to hog hunting.

thanks,have never been hog hunting!!

Don't misunderstand me when I say hogs are everywhere... They are, but that doesn't make them easy to bag. You might get lucky at any time, but you might go for days and not see anything except their sign. But if you do find them, it can be exciting...

If you wants pigs......look at Fla. Open year round on private land (not so hard to get permission), and during deer seaon on public. 44 mag, or a 30/30 is just the ticket .

Hogs are everywhere seems like now. Just wish they could be thinned out. They are becoming too much competition for the deer and turkey for food and habitat. It's really sad so many people are transplanting them and creating more problems. I enjoy hunting them but I also realize the destruction they are causing. There are plenty out there without adding to the population. Just saying....

I here california has alot of hogs I dont know about on public land though also Hawai has a lot of them.

Hog hunting on most public land in CA is hit or miss. The good land is almost all private with a lot of the public (BLM) land landlocked by the private holdings.

Fort Hunter Liggett has fairly decent hog hunting, but you have to pay a fee, either weekend or annual, and check with them in the middle of the week to see what areas are open for the weekend. It is in central CA, off Hwy 101.

http://www.liggett.army.mil/sites/fishhunt/update.asp

Anyone have any information on public land hog hunts in Georgia ? Looking to take my two sons, ages 12 and 14. They both hunt Archery and Firearm. Thanks

Back