PSE compound bow experiences?

millerkiller77

Anyone actually contacted PSE with issues regarding a compound bow? If so, how did it work out? I started looking over an Embark I purchased a few months ago and it seems like it was assembled by the special Olympics Archery team using harbor freight tools.
Reached out to PSE via email and got a generic auto reply that had nothing to do with my concerns. 20230505_164111.jpg

Anyone actually contacted PSE with issues regarding a compound bow? If so, how did it work out? I started looking over an Embark I purchased a few months ago and it seems like it was assembled by the special Olympics Archery team using harbor freight tools.
Reached out to PSE via email and got a generic auto reply that had nothing to do with my concerns. View attachment 275213
Where did you purchase it? Could’ve been the shop you brought it from.

The shop I bought it from is a 3hr round trip drive. I'd take it back to them if I felt confident they could make it right without multiple trips or more problems. I purchased a complete "setup" from them for my kids bday and pretty much everything they touched has turned to shit. Arrow tip inserts coming out in targets, fletchings coming off, sight installed/ adjusted wrong, release too big, forgot to install stabilizer, forgot to install quiver, fprgot to order a case, attempted to give me cheaper arrows than what I ordered because they forgot to bring them in, one instructor has him drawing and standing one way, the other instructor shows him something completely different. I'm four trips and $1700 into this little adventure and I can tell it's time to cut my losses with this dealer and move on. There is another shop about the same distance away I'm going to try out, it's a shame that PSE won't give a referral to a qualified dealer.. their response has been a link to dealers available in my region and "go pick one"

The only upside is that my son really enjoys it and seems to be taking to it quite well.
20230422_113145.jpg20230422_113116.jpg20230409_121541.jpg20230329_140915.jpg20230324_142050.jpg

The shop I bought it from is a 3hr round trip drive. I'd take it back to them if I felt confident they could make it right without multiple trips or more problems. I purchased a complete "setup" from them for my kids bday and pretty much everything they touched has turned to shit. Arrow tip inserts coming out in targets, fletchings coming off, sight installed/ adjusted wrong, release too big, forgot to install stabilizer, forgot to install quiver, fprgot to order a case, attempted to give me cheaper arrows than what I ordered because they forgot to bring them in, one instructor has him drawing and standing one way, the other instructor shows him something completely different. I'm four trips and $1700 into this little adventure and I can tell it's time to cut my losses with this dealer and move on. There is another shop about the same distance away I'm going to try out, it's a shame that PSE won't give a referral to a qualified dealer.. their response has been a link to dealers available in my region and "go pick one"

The only upside is that my son really enjoys it and seems to be taking to it quite well.
View attachment 275458View attachment 275459View attachment 275460View attachment 275461View attachment 275462
His draw length is set too long. Looks like he's shooting well already, fixing that issue will really tighten him up.

View attachment 275458View attachment 275459View attachment 275460View attachment 275461View attachment 275462
That's what I suspected because it looked like the set screw had been adjusted. Find a better shop and stick with them. You can replace the mangled hardware if it bothers you. And P_ham is correct, his draw length is a bit too long. The string should just touch the tip of his nose...but he's doing well as it is.

I anchor at the same spot he is in the photo, and his elbow doesn’t look locked—I’d say his form looks pretty good, personally! I had a shit experience with pse, but my bow was almost 20 years old (04) and the limbs aren’t available anymore. You shouldn’t have any trouble getting the stripped parts replaced, I would think…? Is it some proprietary measurement or thread? Can’t just go to the hardware store and match it? Buy bow press and make the 3 hour drive to buy the part from the shotty shop and install yourself?? That’s too bad man I’m sorry they did you like that.. I’ve shot 4 different brands and I really do like PSE.. I will be going to matthews next.

Edit: I see what they’re looking at now. I shot for two years on side of my nose like that too before moving my peep and making string sit on tip of nose.. to each’s own, in my opinion.

I anchor at the same spot he is in the photo, and his elbow doesn’t look locked—I’d say his form looks pretty good, personally! I had a shit experience with pse, but my bow was almost 20 years old (04) and the limbs aren’t available anymore. You shouldn’t have any trouble getting the stripped parts replaced, I would think…? Is it some proprietary measurement or thread? Can’t just go to the hardware store and match it? Buy bow press and make the 3 hour drive to buy the part from the shotty shop and install yourself?? That’s too bad man I’m sorry they did you like that.. I’ve shot 4 different brands and I really do like PSE.. I will be going to matthews next.

Edit: I see what they’re looking at now. I shot for two years on side of my nose like that too before moving my peep and making string sit on tip of nose.. to each’s own, in my opinion.
The groups at 30 yards seem acceptable to me. 40 & 50 open up to 10" or so and they grouping is inconsistent. I think he's trying to compensate or " kentucky windage "

It seems like how hard the string is buried into his cheek with that anchor would be a concern and draw length is contributing to it.

Looks like he’s shooting good @millerkiller77 a better shop could probably get his bow set up to him even better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back