Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What happened to Knight?

Does anyone have any additional news about what may be going on at Knight Rifles? I can't seem to reach anyone there and I need some info before I am comfortable buying a Knight Disc Extreme with a thumb hole stock.
Thanks.

They're still around, I talked to them at the NWTF convention a couple weeks ago. I think they have a small staff & are probably doing the winter sports show circuit. I know it's not ideal customer service, but I will say they took care of me when I had a breech plug issue with my new ultralight a couple years ago. Just leave a message on their voice mail & hang tight, a made in the USA (TN) tackdriver is worth the wait!

I hate to hear these issues out of Knight. The mfg facility is only about 25 miles away from my home here in East TN. I could not afford one of their rifles for a two week season here, but I was under the understanding that they were top of the line.

I used to own a Savage 10ml-ii, and I really miss it. I will someday own another smokeless...

The Knight Co. was sold after the sudden death of Tony Knight quite awhile back now. That was several years after his death; probably related to probate. Someone bought the name, tooling and patents. The originals were and still are great rifles. I shoot an original recessed nylon stock Wolverine and its a great shooter. 6lbs and I carry it in hand all day.

Does anyone have any additional news about what may be going on at Knight Rifles? I can't seem to reach anyone there and I need some info before I am comfortable buying a Knight Disc Extreme with a thumb hole stock.
Thanks.
If they don't return your messages when you're trying to buy their product, do you really want to buy it?

I just filed a compliant with the BBB because of and issue I am having with them. Below is a copy of my compliant. Anybody else have an issue with Knight customer service?
P.S.
The bullets used were No Excuses

I sent a rifle back to Knight Rifles for repair in November of 2018. As of today 03/01/2019, no resolution or returned rifle.
I purchased a new Knight DISC Extreme rifle from directly from Knight Rifles in October of 2018. Shortly after purchasing the rifle I purchased a sizing pack of cast bullets to determine the correct bore size for future bullet purchase. All of the bullets from the sizing pack were tight at the muzzle but then fell the rest of the way down the barrel. This causes a problem because a muzzleloader bullet must have enough friction to remain seated on the powder charge or it will create a dangerous situation by having space between the bullet and powder charge. I contacted the bullet manufacturer first and he stated he had recently had the same issue reported with another Knight rifle with the barrel being out of spec ( the muzzle being tighter than the rest of the bore). I contacted Knight Rifles regarding the issue and was told the barrel may need replacement. I was instructed to send the rifle back which I did in November 2018. I received no communication from Knight after they received the rifle. After several weeks, I attempted to contact Knight Rifles by phone but got no answer other than automated responses. I left messages that were never returned on two occasions. I reached out the customer service representative by email and was told in December that the gunsmith had not been able to test the rifle yet. I then received an email requesting that I purchase more bullets and send them to be tested. I don't feel it should be my responsibility to purchase bullets for them to test the rifle. Also, the issue reported with the barrel should be able to be tested without specific bullets. I have since attempted contact with Knight by phone and email and could not get a response until today 03/01/2019 and I was told they still have no idea when the rifle will be repaired and the gunsmith is busy with "shows". I have been very dissatisfied with Knight Rifles customer service as it takes several calls and emails just to get a response. Also, no resolution in sight after more than three months.
T/C

You gotta know in bashing this company, whoever owns it now ain’t who started it....I don’t know the details but it was defunct for a while and then sold. I own 5 knights now and I’ve had another four or five pass through my possession over the years. I am very fond of their simplicity and durability. I am an aficionado of the pre 1995 vintage knights.

I bought a BK-92 back in the early to mid nineties and it is a complete POS. I can't count the number of combinations of bullets and powder I went thru trying to get it to shoot consistently.

I purchased an ultralight in 2018 and they sent a bolt that was machined incorrectly. They said they received 3 from the machinist with the incorrect cut. The barrel also had a metal exposed scratch. After shipping the barrel back with their prepaid mailer, they sent me a new barrel and sent me a temporary bolt. Several months later, I received the diamond etch bolt they advertised. Strangely before receiving the correct diamond knurled bolt, the CEO replied to my follow up email with a comment that the pretty bolt is no longer comes with the ultralight. I told them to please send me the bolt they advertised that I'd be receiving. A customer rep replied to my email with an apology and statement that the bolt is on the way.

This September after my elk hunt, the nut for the bolt/action retainer release fell off. I discovered this nut is threaded on. Why it was not secured with loktite is a mystery.
This current company appears to be short in the quality control department and after my experience with their leadership, I understand why.

On the plus side, my rifle shoots straight. The gun was a gift from my awesome mother and since the time of purchase, Knight has lowered the price.

Compared to the break barrel Thompson mountaineer that I borrowed, I prefer the ultralight. I lost three primers while hunting with that Thompson broken barrel loader. That was frustrating!
If you are looking for the best quality and best modern day muzzleloader, save the cost of an Knight for ten years and buy the Gunwerks muzzleloader.

Wow, my empathy to you Brian. What a oil bath you've been given. The lack of common sense that this company is applying to fixing their product issues is surprising. This company appears to be on it's way to obsolescence. The gunsmith I talked to seems like a honest and competent person, but the service and executive department appear to be looking for handouts when they should be accepting responsibility for their mistakes. I believe their barrels are made by a different company—there is no good reason for them not to simply send you a new barrel or a new bullet test kit.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back