Yeti GOBOX Collection

Protect your Memories

DKO

I would like to share a tragic loss story and hopefully everyone can learn from the situation, thank God it was only a loss of property and not life! But could be considered “one’s life”

Since learning on the Waldo Canyon fire my wife and I have been franticly trying to contact some very good friends of ours, one of my best friends and one of the most accomplished hunters that I have ever known. A couple weeks ago through a distant relative we learned that they were victims of the fire and this morning I finally heard from them firsthand the extent of the loss and I am sick about it!

With over 25 years of experience hunting in British Columbia Matt had collected many trophies and had quite the collection of photos. As many successful sportsmen he had a very sizable trophy room that exceed the allotted wall space and eventually led to the construction of his man cave! Matt thought he always had very good documentation of his hunting career and never thought he could lose it all in the blink of an eye! Neither did I, something we all take for granted. The fire not only took his home and man cave but 90% of their personal belongings were totally lost! The only thing it didn’t take was his dignity and passion for life.

I have started a campaign to digitally scan all photos and digitally photograph all mounts etc. and store them on a flash drive or external hard drive in my safe and considering cloud storage as well. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone not only for your hunting memories but personal memories as well, Here are just a few of the trophies lost!

Attachments

• Matt1.jpg
    Matt1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Matt2.jpg
    Matt2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 188
My daughter and I drove through the Mtn Shadows neighborhood yesterday that the fire affected, it was unreal how that fire burnt through there and how it hit some houses and not others

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back