Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

pronghorn minimum cal?

just send the bowling ball down the range in a hurry with a 257 wby

I like my 257 or my 270 but pretty much and decent caliber with a good bullet will do it. Not exactly like taking down a bull elk.

I used my 223 WSSM two years ago in Wyoming for two doe antelope. Used the factory Winchester 64 grain ammo. I killed two does this year but used my 270. They all died about the same. The 223 WSSM is about equivalent to the 22-250. What I love about it is there's virtually zero recoil.

Great thread, I have a .219 Zipper that was my granddad's. Always thought of breaking that out for an antelope hunt.

Familyantelope2009012.jpg

Greenhorn's favorite scope.....

Last year I decided to buy a lightweight combo for mountain hunting and settled on a 260 Remington. My set up is well under 7lbs yet doesn't kick bad at all. I've shot 4 deer with it so far including a blacktail this year at 385 yards. I am totally impressed with what this 140gr round will do.

Last year I decided to buy a lightweight combo for mountain hunting and settled on a 260 Remington. My set up is well under 7lbs yet doesn't kick bad at all. I've shot 4 deer with it so far including a blacktail this year at 385 yards. I am totally impressed with what this 140gr round will do.

The .260 performs well outside what the paper ballistics say it should. It is a great round. It is hard to beat a light-kicking, economical loading, accurate game getter.

I don't own one, but I have watched a friend use his heavy-barreled one on deer. I was impressed by lack of muzzle blast and recoil, not to mention the lightning bolt effect of the 140-grain bullet. He recently shot a 2.5-inch group at 600 yards with it.

The .260 is definately a capable round. So far I have killed a pretty good sized black bear and a bull elk with 130grn Accubonds. The bear dropped at the shot and the bull was a good as dead from the first, but I anchored him on the second hoping to keep him on top of the ridge. The best part is I have been able to watch every round I have fired at an animal impact, and that is tough to beat.

Several years back my father in law had open heart surgery in September but still wanted to hunt antelope in October. He got the doctors ok but was a little worried about recoil so we borrowed a 22-250 to use. Shot a little at the range then set him up at a spot antelope routinely pass by. He shot a buck and a doe and it killed them just as dead as his normal .270. Reasonable shot yardage and shot placement are keys.

my sister killed a couple whitetails with a 22-250 using 55gr Remington psp corelokts the farthest one ever made it after it was hit was 10yds

My 223 WSSM with 64 grain bullets worked really well in Wyoming two years ago on two doe antelope. Last year I shot two does with my 270 and 140 grain Bergers. Same results- equally dead with either cartridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back