Probably Sick of...

Big Sky

Y'all are probably getting sick of fishing pictures. Sorry, but it is that time of year where the ice is disappearing fast and the fishing action is heating up right along with the water. On Saturday I finally got to take my Watermaster Kokiak raft on it's maiden voyage.

I got everything ready and loaded the night before. As I took this photo in anticipation of the next day's trip my excitement was running high. I hope that this raft in the back of my truck becomes a very familiar scene between now and the time the water freezes back up for next winter.
Raft%20Debut%203-11-16_zpszeetaxoh.jpg

The water conditions and weather were perfect upon arrival. When I took this photograph I couldn't think of anywhere else I would have rather been in that very moment. Heck even if I had Donald Trumps money I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. Sometimes everything in life just lines up perfect. This photo represents one of those times. :)
Upper%20Holter%203-12-16_zpsgbah2igz.jpg

Every fish I caught was on a marabou jig from Kit's Tackle. This time of year I just don't really need to use anything else, other than maybe break out my fly rod just for kicks. It didn't take long before I had the first fish on board.
Troy%20Adams%20Upper%20Holter%203-12-16B_zpsq4mwpl4m.jpg

While the catching wasn't fast and furious it was consistent. I was only able to fish the morning and was off the lake by noon. In that time I landed 6 really nice trout and lost three. One of the three I lost burned drag like crazy. I couldn't slow it down or turn it. It ended up snapping me off. I would have really liked to have at least laid eyes on that one, but it never gave me a peek. The other two I lost spit the hook but gave me a good look and they both appeared to be right in that 20" class. It was a fun morning.
Troy%20Adams%20Upper%20Holter%203-12-16C_zpsc6sqw72a.jpg

The morning went by all too quickly before it was time for me to leave. I will tell you it was really hard to talk myself into leaving, but the wind picked up and helped force me off the lake. I fought the wind for a little while and landed this last fish before deciding to pack up and head home. Nothing wrong with catching a beautifully colored up buck male for a final fish. In fact I'd call it a perfect ending to a morning of fishing. :) :) :)
Troy%20Adams%20Upper%20Holter%203-12-16D_zpsbzhco3y2.jpg

Yes we are sick of your fish pictures. Please refrain from posting more.... said no one, ever. Looks like a great time!

Slimy or not, what I do know is that I'm stuck at my desk right now, and it is NOT my happy place! I'd much rather be back out on the water!!!

All kidding aside. I fish for the fight and I could care less if it's a foul hooked carp you'll see a smile on my face.

Keep the pic's coming.

There fun to look at but at the end of the day there still trout ...:D:eek::hump: Fun time for sure

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back