Caribou Gear

Prince of Wales, Spring 2008 Black Bear.

HONDO

Trying to put together a hunt on P.O.W the third week of May 2008. Here's the deal, if anyone is interested.

Boathunter has a cozy cabin with full kitchen and bathroom that sleeps 4 or more, a 16ft Lund with a 125 horse Johnson, and a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4, that he rents as a package deal for $2800.00 per week. He also let's us use as many crab and shrimp pots as we want.

My group of 4 took 2 nice bears on a trip in the fall of 2005. I had two co-workers that hunted the Spring of 2006 and saw over fifty bears just cruising the shorelines. They both harvested bears.

I've only got one other person so far. I would like to find 2, 3, or 4 more people.

Here is a ballpark price breakdown:

Cabin, Boat, and Truck Rental- 4 Guys 700.00, 5 guys 560.00, 6 guys 470.00
Hunting License and Bear Tag- 310.00
Airfare to Ketchikan from Boise- Currently 550.00
Airfare Ketchikan to Hollis- 150.00 roundtrip.
Misc. (food, hide shipping)- 350.00

Remember these are estimates. Obviously airfare could change (I paid 325.00 out of Idaho Falls last time). Depending on your taste in food and your alcohol consumption you could spend more or less on miscellaneous things. Also depending on flight times it may be necessary to stay a night or two at a hotel in Ketchikan.

At the very most this trip (with a minimum of four guys) will not cost more than $2,500 and could be as inexpensive as $1,700 but will most likely fall somewhere in between.

$2,500 is pretty inexpensive for a trophy black bear hunt.....

Attachments

• Prince of Wales Photos 018.jpg
    Prince of Wales Photos 018.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Prince of Wales Photos 019.jpg
    Prince of Wales Photos 019.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Prince of Wales Photos 023.jpg
    Prince of Wales Photos 023.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Prince of Wales Photos 039.jpg
    Prince of Wales Photos 039.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Prince of Wales Photos 033.jpg
    Prince of Wales Photos 033.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 339
Are you using a Skiff to access the mainland from the boat ?

Man I would be interested, But next year would be a tough sale to the wife.

Moosie, the cabin sits right on a little cove. We use the skiff to cruise the shoreline and do the spot and stalk thing or we could drop guys off and pick them up at a designated time. From where the cabin is we can be to twelve mile arm in two to three minutes or there is countless miles of clear cut to hunt if you want to walk the logging roads.

HUMMmmmmmmm, Let me brain simmer for awhile on the Conversation I'm going to have with the wife ... ;)

Sounds like a great hunt. I've got almost the same thing going this year in PWS, exept we are staying on a my buddies boat.

Man, I'd love a hunt like that, but not sure I can pull it off in '08. However, I plan on getting the transcript from Moosie's conversation with his wife so that mine goes better... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back