Caribou Gear Tarp

Prince of Wales Black Bear Hunting

B

big28hunter

Anyone ever hunt black bears on the island? Just looking for input, suggestions, and any pics of your hunt. Maybe going this September. Appreciate any input!

We hunted there a few years back in the Spring. Great trip. There were 6 of us and we did a diy hunt and we all got nice bears. A couple were really good.

A lot of logistics go into doing a hunt like that on your own. We rented a truck to hunt the road system and a small boat to hunt the tidal areas. Had good luck with both options. I think the Spring is a draw now. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'll see if I can post some pics tomorrow.

It is now a draw hunt for self-guided hunters. You need to apply by the December deadline.

I realize it's a draw tag but it has been 100% the last two years. Not that it will be this year coming up. But hopefully it will continue that way. Were all applying on our own and if someone doesn't draw a bear tag they'll be blacktail hunting or fishing. I have to buy my Alaskan license regardless because I have a dall hunt in August! Thanks guys I appreciate your input and Ashersdad I'd love to see the pics. If I could only hunt one animal it would certainly be bear. IMO the greatest critters on the planet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back