Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Price check on a rem 700 bdl.

Thinking about buying a rem 700 bdl stainless in 308 from a guy. Rifle is early 2000s vintage, mint condition, bare rifle. Factory build with no customization as far as i can tell. Is 700 too low of an offer to make? Should i be closer to 800$?

Reactions: Guy
Thanks for the help. I really shouldnt be doing this sort of thing but its really hard to say no when its stainless synthetic.

I was looking at an early 90's in 25-06 the other day, but the guy wanted 800. Seemed a little steep.

$650-700 seems reasonable. I like those older BDLs the finish is much finer bead blasted than the current SS models.

Understandable that the guy is trying to capitalize on the waning years of models that were of higher quality, especially with the company's future in limbo. If he doesn't come down, you can always spend that kind of money on a Bergara, which has all the features the 700 should have incorporated over the past decade(s) to justify the sticker price.

Sounds like you already got some great advice and got a good starting value. Remember that it's a "good deal" if you are happy with the transaction. I generally don't tell people what I paid for things after the fact. If I am happy, the amount paid is my business. Good luck getting a nice rifle.
Chit, due to riding the rifle spike I can't remember what I paid for most save the most recent. I try to offer an amount, if refused, I can walk away from tho.

I have one with a box magazine and two magazines in mint condition in .270 caliber. What do you figure it is worth?

I don't haggle price much at all, hate it. What is the rifle worth to you? That's what you need to know. Offer him that and if he takes it great, if he doesn't, walk away. If I had that rifle I would have on it a price I'm willing to accept and that end's haggling right there. You don't want to pay my price, see you later. My son like's to haggle and always offer's less than he willing to pay just to see if he can get something for less, drives me nut's. He's as close as I'll get to that haggling. Tell him to give you his best price and if you don't like it, walk away.

Stainless synthetic with a slick barrel sounds more like an SPS than a BDL. It is basically the same rifle but the SPS can be had for a lower price. I think I paid about $650 for the last new stainless SPS I bought from Buds.

BDL's came without sights if that's what you mean. mtmuley
Yes, but I am not sure that I have ever actually seen that model of the SS synthetic BDL. The SPS is relatively common and it might be confused with the BDL. It would make sense to be certain that it was a BDL before buying.

Condition is key. Check the barrel for pitting. I once found one with a barrel that was slightly bent. You can see it just looking down the barrel. If the previous owner maintained the rifle in good condition $700-800 is a good price without the scope. With a scope, add the value of the scope too.

It must have a better stock that the SPS. Are there any other differences?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back