Preseason scouting

If it's a true blacktail and not a hybred, it would be "record book" unusual. It has gotten so confusing here, that they have taken to determining if it is a blacktail or a muley by which side of the freeway it was taken from. :rolleyes: There are some huge "blacktails" for example fom Mendocino county, and some small muleys from the Gold Country....

But a 30-incher is rare enough for a muley that I'd be after that bad boy. Maybe TK's dad is going after the big guy?

If not, you could probably make a buck or two by guiding someone else after him... Got any pictures??

Wanna buy some?? :cool:

I brought back up the pic I posted with Dels help of a Blacktail taken in Washington that had a spread of 25 5/8".This is the 2nd largest Blacktail recorded and the new Washington Pope and Young record.

Dan, I call them blacktails because they don't look like a muley and aren't I feel I don't live close enough to the Nevada border for it to be a muley. But they are a muley blacky cross. We have tried to locate the big boy two more times but have been unsuccesful, we might be going to see if we can find him again tonight. We are going to try and get that big one, well my dad is next Saturday. But if we can't find him we are going to try and get these two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back