Caribou Gear

Preferred bino harness

Not to hijack the thread, but I just read a great post by a guy that has used 9 different ones and compares and rates them all! FYI - Its on the bowsite.com. I would copy & paste his comments on this site, but don't want to infringe on anyone... These are the ones he has bought & reviews: Crooked Horn, Nimrod, S4, Badlands, Cabelas/Badlands, FHF, KUIU, Sitka and Alaska Guide Creations.

For the plus-sized gentleman who still hunts, hikes and stalks, I like the FHF. Fits well, doesn't drag on the ground when I'm low and when still hunting, I just leave the flap unhooked. I also attach my range finder to the harness & carry tags in it.

I have the crooked horn and like them, but got the FHF for xmas and love them so far. I was kind of skeptical at first, but after 5-6 half day small game hunts it has really grown on me. You can barely tell it's there and there is no bounce when walking.

I like my crooked horn regular harness but just like othera have said it's because I spend so much time glassing while still hunting timber. I think for a typical western hunt the pouch would be great to protect the lenses from dust and other nastiness. It just depends on what your main intended use will be.

I must be the only guy left who likes using the regular bino carry strap over a harness.

I tried FHF, great product just didn't fit me comfortably, I returned it and bought Kuiu and like it. I did keep the FHF range finder pouch I bought and have it on my Kuiu harness, the combo works sweet for my needs.

I like my new badlands pouch so far. Last year in Wyoming I had a crooked horn style from bass pro and had to hold the binos up to keep from dragging in the dirt, and decided then they needed more protection. The badlands is hydration compatibale and I can keep a lens pen in there even though they have a built in spud. The magnetic closure is awsome. Also love the uncondtional lifetime warranty.

I'm gonna upgrade to an FHF or a KUIU sooner or later, but my S4 lockdown isn't bad.

It doesn't have any cool features, but both lenses are covered and it's super easy to undo with one hand quickly, or with gloves on. And they're cheap.

I just looked at the vortex harnesses and they look like a cheap knockoff off the FHF harness and are asking for the same price off not more for something made in China. My vote would be the FHF harness

I just looked at the vortex harnesses and they look like a cheap knockoff off the FHF harness and are asking for the same price off not more for something made in China. My vote would be the FHF harness

As I mentioned, Vortex worked with FHF.

From FHF FB
Just to quell any rumors, because I've already gotten a few emails asking about it, Vortex Optics did NOT copy my bino harness design. They worked with me and we made a Vortex version that they are testing the waters with. There are even a few FHF logos, hidden in there. If you want a Coyote Brown version go check theirs out. They have been a great company to work with and have been supportive of the little guys like me.

I really like the FHF I have, but would like to see a good comparison between that and the AGC.

Alaska guide creations. Comfortable and keeps my glass protected. It also has room for my range finder, lenses cleaner, tags, lighter or whatever else you want to keep close to you on a hunt.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back