Caribou Gear

Praying for nice weather

lilbiggun

Even the animals pray for nice weather

Alaskans%20Praying%20for%20Spring.jpg

Oh my gosh, That pic is awesome. Why are they doing that? Any of you big hunter types know? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ohhhhhh thanks for that. Now I get it. And do you see how he didn't come right out and call me an airhead. That's gallant. :D

Great pic!!!!
They do that to get a better look at the insects living in the grass....
Or they are looking close for new shoots..
LMAO!!!! :D :D :D

Their legs are longer than their necks. When the grass is shorter than 4 inches or so they kneel like that to get at it. I happen to think its a recent adaptation to utilizing groomed lawns as a food source.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>utilizing groomed lawns as a food source.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks more like the lawn has been sprayed with round up

don't you guys have green grass up there???

I know there are some cool season grasses engineered to grow up there :D

BTW.......nice pic :D

The guide from whom we rent a shelter from in Canada gives us some moose meat to bring home, and it is delicious ;)

No.....No.....No

round up;to herd animals, horses, cows, goats,etc.

roundup;kills grass, weeds and turns vegetation brown.

:D

Flipper, from what I can tell from that picture it looks like early post break-up(what we call spring). The snow's gone from the open areas but probably still deep out in the woods where the ground is still fairly well shaded. The moose will come out and try to get at the still green hold-over grass close to the ground that was protected by the snow. The brown grass you can see in the pic looks like the normal winter killed upper half of the grass blades.

take care
E

I don't belive there are any grasses out yet that will stay green under the extreme cold and snow that the northern climes bring..Even here...It doesn't take long, after the snow is completly gone and the day's actually start to hit in the upper forty's and fifties to start to green up though.... :D

Back