PEAX Equipment

prairy dog cities ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
WHo knows a good place a guy can go and set up for an all day shoot plinking these varmints... Ther is a few in Idaho but the guys usually shoot in all directions and Is kinda scarey ... :eek: anyone ever set up in places like this ?

I had great shooting when I lived in South Dakota. During the last two years of college my summer job was to control prairie dog town expansion with shooting and trapping. The landowner liked having pdogs, but not too many and was against poisoning.

I usually spent 2-3 days a week driving around towns and plinking dogs with a .22 and .223. The dogs were pretty naive since there were only two other guys that came out a couple times during the summer.

Now that I am in MT and working to successfully reintroduce the black-footed ferret (existance dependant upon prairie dog town habitat) I have not shot many dogs. I still get out once in a while, but nothing like the good old days.:D

Here in az its about the same... I have places that people dont know about or I go on a weekday....

Delw

Oscar, There are places in and around Gillette Wyoming where you can plunk yourself down and shoot for several days. A couple of guys from Rio Salado Gun Club go up there every year and shoot for a couple of weeks. To hear them tell it, all you have to do is find the right ranch house and ask permission.

:cool:

When I was in the Navy we used to go up by Walnut creek in Cali and plink on p-dog all day. What with all the tree huggers there now I don't know if it's still possible.

Del those weren't your .223 casings at my secret spot last weekend was it?

J.D.

LOL not mine... I havent shot my .223 in a while... but if you find .300 win mag brass then you found my spot(LOL)

Delw

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back