Prairie Dogs In Hot Weather

shrapnel

Prairie dogs are where you find them, when you find them. We left Friday to go to the killing fields and shoot them. We got there and even though the temperature was in the low 90's, we found plenty and shot them until dark.

Instead of going somewhere else to camp, we camped right in the town. We were awakened at 6:00 with the chirping of prairie dogs and got up and started shooting.

I had talked a friend into buying a Coltsman 223, made by Sako and we shot it with great success. We shot 2 fields until after noon and the temperature didn't quite make 100, but 99 was close enough. There was still enough time to get back to town in time for the Bozeman Stampede PRCA Rodeo...

image_4.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg

DSCN1924.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

Good thing you weren't loading with H335, or they would've gone off before you even got them out of the truck.

Hey shrap, good to see you posting here! The boys and I enjoyed our visit last week. Hope we can put together a shoot yet this fall. Sako and vintage Winchester required of course!

When I was in High School there was a P-Dog town I used to hit. In the middle of it was a circle of sage-brush - and I would walk out into it, lay down and take a nap. I'd wake up, sit-up and empty my Marlin .22. Then lay back down for another snooze. I spent many an afternoon doing that.

Nothing like great days in the field. Congrats on a fun day.

We go the first of June every year ,Don't like the hot weather.The dogs may not mind but I do.

Glad you had a great time !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back