Prairie Dogs And A Truck Full Of Guns

shrapnel

The weather was absolutely perfect and we headed to the prairie dog fields to try our luck. I can't remember shooting this much in over 20 years. It was a constant cycle to rotate all the guns so we had a cool barrel. I got a 17 HMR in a Browning "T" bolt last week, so I took it on it's maiden journey and shot a bunch of prairie dogs and a badger. Even the first generation Colt SAA 44-40 saw action...

thumbnail_IMG_1303 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1304.jpg

In my area, the P dogs are on a BIG upcycle and are spreading out.
I have found more P dog towns than ever before, in places that have NEVER been.
Best hunting in my 50 years of shooting them.

The weather was absolutely perfect and we headed to the prairie dog fields to try our luck. I can't remember shooting this much in over 20 years. It was a constant cycle to rotate all the guns so we had a cool barrel. I got a 17 HMR in a Browning "T" bolt last week, so I took it on it's maiden journey and shot a bunch of prairie dogs and a badger. Even the first generation Colt SAA 44-40 saw action...

View attachment 157172

View attachment 157173
We're going to head to the Eastern plins in Colorado in December for deer, and prairie dogs. Fun times.
You got some nice ones.

In my area, the P dogs are on a BIG upcycle and are spreading out.
I have found more P dog towns than ever before, in places that have NEVER been.
Best hunting in my 50 years of shooting them.
Yeah there is a lot of those PD huggers out there that think they are an endangered species. I offered to ship a couple dozen to them for pets to turn loose in their yards. Never got any takers though!

Nice shooting, reminds me of days shooting gophers out on the prairie with my grandpa

Back