Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Powerstroke cure

Best solution I had with my 6.0 Ford was an attorney, a lemon law suit, and a new 5.9 Cummins! 6 years in the Dodge and not a hiccup.

sdhntr is really right,only real cure for a 6.0 is a dodge cummins,,,the 6.0 is gonna be a endless money pit for ya ,especially if its off warranty,sorry but there is no cure for the 6.0 powerstrokes multi-tude of major problems that are inherent with the 6.0

that high pressure pump oil line is plastic and the snap connections break,but its under the intake manifold that turns that into a big job,,,very poor design to put plastic under the intake manifold by the ford or navistar designers to handle high pressure oil,,,also there are 2 tubes that go down each head that split also,,,,,like i said it will be a endless money pit,,,our company i work for has well over 100 of them and the repairs are endless on the 6.0,,,reliability is an issue cuzz you dont know what will go wrong next,,,at any givin day we have between 2 to 5 broke down at all times,,,if your past your warranty your on borrowed time.

My NEW mechanic laid it out pretty well on the EGR Delete. Do the Delete, replace the oil cooler and upgrade the Connectors to the High Output Oil Pump. This Truck was 2+ years old when I purchased it with 69K miles on it for $28K. Not bad since the same truck was running over $52k on the lot. John

just be aware that there are several problem areas with the 6.0,,,hope your luckyer than some and maybe they wont happen on yours,,,if you do have some other questions on the 6.0 feel free to p m me as ive dealt with alot of 6.0 issues

Mine has had $11000 worth of work in the last year. First it was blown headgaskets. New ARP studs, a radiator, serpentine belt, Bulletproof cooler and that was $6700. Next it was the HPOP and oil pump for $3700. Last was a $700 fuel pump. It is pretty much bullet proofed now so I am going to drive it another 160000 miles. No truck payment is nice but Ford knew every problem with these engines within months and never did a thing for the customers. I would never buy another diesel unless I pulled heavy gear all the time. They also suck off road.

ringer,,,you could have bought a dodge cummins {used} instead of the 11000 you spent on your 6.0,,,and believe me even after all you spent,it will break down again,,,sorry.

Lemon lawed mine 18 months after I bought it. Probably the single best decision regarding I have ever made regarding any of the vehicles I have owned. Ford knew about the problems and I still had to get an attorney to make them own up to it. Never again will I own a Ford product.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back