power Inverters

Holiday inn express maybe cause I'm confused as hell So an inverter is not what I'm thinking of then?

The inverters are generators with added fuel efficiency and "cleaner" electrical supply for your plugged in devices.

Kansasdad has it right. If you are using a Laptop, TV or any other electronics a standard generator has a higher chance of frying these electronics. It's worth the investment to get a good one. Honda or Yamaha. I had a champion that blew a seal at zero degrees. I borrowed my buddys honda the next time and it worked flawlessly at -8.

Kansasdad has it right. If you are using a Laptop, TV or any other electronics a standard generator has a higher chance of frying these electronics. It's worth the investment to get a good one. Honda or Yamaha. I had a champion that blew a seal at zero degrees. I borrowed my buddys honda the next time and it worked flawlessly at -8.

I defer to Kansas and track1.
As to frying electrical equipment, that is true. I borrowed an old generator from a guy to use on a scouting trip several years ago and ended up frying gram's microwave in HER trailer trying to defrost some meat we forgot to thaw out. Didn't think to check to see what it was putting out. We now have a very nice bread storage device;)

So if you hook up this inverter to a spare battery could you run a battery charger off the inverter to keep it charged up? Otherwise why would get the inverter and not a generator?

the inverter I have has a direct connection for charging a battery, however, i don't think you are supposed to trickle charge a deep cell off of it...you could plug a battery charger into one of the outlets in the inverter and charge your battery off of that.

Want to thank you guys for the heads up on the Costco inverters - as I said in the post when I went back to Costco they were gone and there were no reorders but on my way to a late archery deer hunt here a couple of weeks back stopped at a different Costco to grab a couple of things and stuck behind one of those Champion generators was this red floor model inverter marked down from $480 to $429 when I inquired about it they did not know they still had one and the manager knocked another $75 dollars off since they had no box, owners manual, funnel and spark plug wrench so I picked this thing up for about $350 bucks and when I got home started right up and working great. So thanks again for the heads up. PS The deer hunt was a bust it poured rain the entire weekend - I was lucky to get off the mnt in one piece.

RJ

The Ham radio people use generators a lot, and all of them that I have seen are using Hondas.

When looking at db levels to compare noise output be aware that the rate is not linear. Meaning a little more db can be a lot more noise to your ear depending on the level you are comparing at.

And it depends on the load you are running one at. Even the Hondas and Yamahas will *pitch up* when you put a load (A/C or Microwave) as you load them up. A lot of them do not list the DB level at load.

When looking at db levels to compare noise output be aware that the rate is not linear. Meaning a little more db can be a lot more noise to your ear depending on the level you are comparing at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back