POW in '04 or '05?

Dianne passed. Many years of cigeretts will catch up with you. It was a rough scene for all.

Skip has remarried. A nice lady he met on one of his south trips. She fits right in with the buisness and she even took her first 2 Deer this 'rut'.

Skip is getting somewhat caught up with his backlog.

I think he pland to kill a few wolf this winter.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>That way my hunting license for Fall would be 1/2 way amortized...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of the other half...how does an individual with almost zero paddling skills get his start? Wouldn't want to have you do all the leg work, or would that be arm work?

"I see" said the blind man
smile.gif

I didn't realise it was you.

You got the plan
cool.gif

Johnnie,
Thanks for the update on Skip's wife. I kind of always thought that was going to be the ending. Never a good deal.
frown.gif

Glad to hear he is doing well.

Ovis,
Well, the first thing one does, to acquire paddling (or do you mean ROWING?) skills, is wait until it is about 40 degrees warmer...

After that, it is just time on the River... and like most things, it is 99% of the time, straight forward, and un-eventful. You just got to recognize the other 1%, and be able to deal with it...

The So. Fork down by you is supposed to be a good run, never done it, but we may have to try it this summer... Otherwise, you'll have to drive up this way....

(Damn, ol' 1_Ptr is gonna like this busy thread he started..... 'cept he is only 20 posts behind
shhh.gif
)

If this is the 1%, I say bring it on. Little Class IV (I'm guessing??) action, 1000 lbs of meat, 120 lbs of pointy bones, you in the @#)(#-pit and me riding B#cth. Yeeehaw!

GRANITE.sized.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-10-2003 22:36: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

No... The picture with the Purple boat in 2002 was only Class III, as I made it thru...
cool.gif

A year later, with the bigger boat, the same rapid was Class V, as I flipped in it...

GraniteMe03.jpg

Kinda one of them deals where they are Class IV before you get into them, and if you make it thru, then they were only Class III, and if you get in trouble, then they were OBVIOUSLY Class V...
eek.gif

Here is another Class IV.... And for Scale Purposes, my raft in there is 16 feet long...
wsheepgunner.jpg

Ohkeedokely, looks like this would take all that much planning.

Ovis- I'll keep you posted on my draw success and let you know if I'm available this fall. Is that the King Salmon trip you're looking for a partner for?

Thanks all except 'Gunner for their help!
wink.gif
I've just got to scratch this AK itch pretty soon.

1ptr

What draw are you applying for? That is correct, I can't seem to find anyone who wants to commit to a brown bear hunt. Used to be people would jump on a hunt like this in a heartbeat...not anymore. Who knows, maybe it is me
fight.gif

Ovis-

I'm applying for mule deer in Western WY and Eastern MT. Hell, if there's a decent chance that I could see a brown bear I'd be game. I even have a big gun!
biggrin.gif
If one or both of these fall through I'd be interested. How long are you planning on going for? I should have a week or so of time off saved up by then. BTW, I'll let you know if/when I come through Mtn. Home next month.

1-ptr,

And I am already first on Ovis' adoption list... So you won't be getting the 1st degree of Kindred thing....

Now, if you want to smear yourself in grape jelly, and provoke a Brownie into a DLP situtation, then I would even be willing to come up and video...
biggrin.gif

If you stop in Mt. Home, aim for dinner time. And order the Shrimp Fettucine
drool.gif
It is better than anything you'll get up this way, 'cept maybe the Cheescake...
drool.gif

Ovis- Yeah, I'm aware I wouldn't be hunting the bears. I made the big gun comment as a joke, plus I'm sure you wouldn't want someone with a 223 as a backup! DLP? Defense of Life or Property? I'll be in touch the next time I am up through tha way. I like shrimp, especially if someone else is buying!
tongue.gif

Elkgunner

Ever since I was at your house for cheesecake. I have been on a cheesecake benge (perhaps the reason for the added few pounds). Anyhow, I have become quite the cheesecake chef. I've made pumpkin cheesecakes, silky smooth regular cheesecakes drenched with a strawberry sauce to blow your mind, but my absolute favorite thus far is one called "Apple of My Eye". Just the right mix of baked apples are cooked on the surface of the cheesecake, then it is drizzled with caramel and a bit of whip cream on the side
drool.gif
If you want the recipe let me know...I won't be so stingy
biggrin.gif
I have to go pick up ingredients for a cheesecake (or two) today and get to cooking. They were highly requested for Monday's Christmas party. Funny how we went from POW to cheesecake
biggrin.gif

1 pointer

Hope you didn't think I was trying to insult your intelligence. I figured you and I were on the same page. If you need a bigger gun than the .223, I have a NIB .243
biggrin.gif
DLP is where you kill a animal in defense of life or property. You have to surrender the animal to F&G and hope you have a believable story to back it up, or else plan on facing major penalties.

Look forward to meeting you. Come on an empty stomach as the fat that is in this dish is quite filling
wink.gif

Heck, you think the fat in the dish is amazing, wait till you see what's hanging over my belt!!!
biggrin.gif

My wife makes a pretty good cheesecake, it's just the recipe out of the Betty Crocker cookbook. Not too bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>wait till you see what's hanging over my belt!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do come over, please keep that thing tucked in your pants. Mine doesn't hang very far at all and I have this phobia that my wife is going to leave me because of it.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-13-2003 12:21: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

1ptr

Please do stop in. I would be happy to meet you in person.

Good luck on those draws. I'll be putting in for musk-ox and buffalo in Alaska, and probably bighorn here in idaho, as well as my annual $7 to Wyoming for the bighorn preference point.

Just so there is no confusion, I'm betting you are fully aware, but I can't guide you for the brown bear hunt. If you're wanting to go to see one of these animals in the flesh, then by all means lets talk. I can just about guarantee you will see many bears. Your sidearm is definitely welcome in Alaska for the trip, but would be limited to DLP.

Jim

When you gents decide to go, let me know. I love P.O.W. and am always up for a trip down there.

Sure thing Brian! I've been in touch with someone who's from there, I'm just not sure where exactly. He says he lives in Paradise?
wink.gif

P.O.W. is very nice. That's were I got my black bear too. But, I really think that Kupreanof and Kuiu Islands are better. I intend to hunt that area this year. I'd only hunt P.O.W. for other reasons, such as meeting up with some good people.

The one problem with Kuiu is the limit of 120 bears for non-residents. It's not an issue in the Spring if hunted early enough. But by Fall the number of bear taken seems to average around 90-100 by non-residents. From what I've heard, P.O.W. may soon receive as simular restriction. You gents may want to keep an eye on that. MuskegMan usually has all the lastest info, so he's a good one to ask.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-14-2003 12:24: Message edited by: BW ]</font>

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back